41 & Fab & Then Some

Options
booglass
booglass Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone. I just turned 41 and working to get back into my pre-baby shape when I ran 10Ks and felt strong. I think a group like this is exactly what I need to help me find my motivation and dig deep when necessary. I hope to do the same for anyone else who needs it.

Replies

• jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    Awesome! We're right here with ya.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. 44 about to run another 5-k !
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    We can do it!

I went from the end of June, not running in years, to doing 4 miles at 10min pace in a month. I ran 8 miles 3 weeks ago and a tough mudder, 11.5 miles, 2 weeks ago.

I lost 20lbs but have stalled on the final leg, I want to lose 15 more

Whose with me (animal house scene), lol?
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    um...I just want to go get on my toga and do an animal house scene? (sorry if it is just me?) :smokin:

eh, I'm not here to actually lose weight, but I support those that do. (and I have lost some, not intentionally) ..just trying to overcome some medical issues (due to irregular eating and eating BS crap) due to the lifestyle and work/stress environment...and I have some medical issues that keep me from doing impact exercises...

just attempting to keep the jiggly bits from becoming the wobbly bits as I get older?

And I don't run, beyond me at this point, but I do body weight exercises and a lot of yoga (don't normally log it since it is a negligible burn for me) and the only thing I MIGHT run after is a beer truck...or from zombies...

flowerforyou:
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Boo - I am just about to turn 41, and am also working toward that pre-baby shape! The post-baby shape really wants to hang around though - frustrating ;-)

Good luck with getting back into running! I bet you'll be there in no time at all!
  • acoustictones
    Options
    Good luck on your goals. I know you'll get there!

Personally I used to be a competitive runner (was running 5k's in 15:45), but then ended up with real bad arthritis in my feet. Was just to painful to run. Ended up having double foot surgery 3 years ago, and hadn't run since. I started back up again (motivation from my son, who also is a really into running) just two months ago. After 3 years off I literally could not jog two miles without walking half of it. And the jogging part was NO faster than my walking part, but it did it anyways to try and condition my body to be ready to run again.

Well that was only 6-8 weeks and yesterday I ran 60 minutes without a break or walk, and then another 40 today. I have a goal to get my times back down to a sub 6 minute mile and my 5k to sub 20 minutes. It's still A LOT of work to do what I did the last two days, but I still love running, and am determined to reach the above mentioned goals. I know that they are not where I used to be, but I feel that they are realistic for where my body is right now, and I'll be happy just to have gone from the couch to those kind of times after 3 years of pain and not running. And like I said, my feet still bother me. They'll always have arthritis, but actually they are better running then when I'm just sitting around. Painful or not the running seems to keep them feeling better than when I'm not using them.

So the exercise and running has really been a gift.

BTW: Just for the sake of disclosing some other goals I am striving to get down to 155 lbs with 10% body fat. At the beginning of September I was at 172 lbs and 32% BF. 6-8 weeks later with a much better diet and exercise routine I'm currently at 162 lbs and 24% BF. So there's still work to do, but even those numbers have made the running easier.
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    New to the site... looking forward to all the helpful hints
    I'm in the beginners stages of couch to 5k. Running has been a goal of mine and now i'm working towards a 5k run.
    Nervous about entering, afraid that i'm not going to be able to finish...

Good luck to everyone on your goals!