Options
mlove351
mlove351 Posts: 94 Member
Suggestions appreciated on a good night light for my road bike... thanks

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both have Planet Bike Blaze lights. Mine is regular, his has a solar charger & a battery. They work well, no complaints. We don't do a ton of night riding--just coming home from local festivals/fireworks/etc..., but we've used them quite a bit while riding thru tunnels.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Three of my bikes have CatEye lights ranging from single to triple LED's.

My mountain bike has a Fenix BT20 that is somewhere beyond overkill.

Where I live, I need lights to make me visible to traffic unless I am on a moonlight trail ride, hence the Cateye's that generally live in blink mode.

If you want the ability to see a trail in the middle of the night and you ride really fast, then the Fenix BT20 is teh awesome..
  • mlove351
    mlove351 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions.. I was looking on nashbar at some cateye models..
  • cccorlew
    cccorlew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use a MagicShine. It's amazing bright, and uses rechargeable batteries. I commute every day, often in the dark, on unlit bike paths. For about 100 bucks it's amazing. I use a Planet Bike Super Flash blinky in the back. Not rechargeable, but very bright and the AAA batteries last months even with over an hours use a day.
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use a light I found on amazon for about $35, it's bright enough to mountain bike at night and has a rechargable battery pack.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I run a CygoLite Turbo 800 rechargeable headlight on the front and a couple blinky red Cateyes on the back. The CygoLite lights up the road ahead of me beautifully, which is super important on the dark, windy, potholed road I live on. I also have a blinky white light on the front for safety. The CygoLite wasn't cheap (about $120), but I use it all the time and it has been absolutely worth the price in my opinion.