ScatterBrainedSpirit's September Accountability

Options
Up until June of this year I lived in Winnipeg where I ran a Healthy Living Group called North End Losers. We would meet twice a week and work out together while staying in contact the rest of the week via My Fitness Pal. It really was a wonderful experience for me in many ways. Up until this time, I had been stuck in my house daily, aside from walking the kids back and forth to school. My only other adventures were always with Justin and the kids and consisted of grocery shopping and the like. I was stuck.

While being stuck, all I could think about was making friends and becoming healthy while losing weight. The thoughts consumed my days and nights and my personal discontent bled into my every thought and activity. I figured there had to be others like me and thus North End Losers was born.

While in Winnipeg participating in North End Losers I saw progress losing almost 15lbs, all told, and learning to live a healthier lifestyle. Then we decided to move. Again. Moving meant having to save every dime we could, which meant making sure the kids were fed and taken care of, but that my own personal goals had to be put on hold. Ugh.

We moved to Prince Edward Island in July and yesterday I was finally able to get back to taking care of me. I quit drinking Pepsi...again. I ate, rather than grazing as I've been doing. I moved.

MY ISSUES TO OVERCOME:

- not eating regular meals/snacks; sometimes going days without eating much of anything.
- drinking Pepsi like it's water.
- not drinking enough water.
- not moving.

MY SEPTEMBER PLAN:

- no more Pepsi!
- drink more water, interspersed with the occasional fruit juice and, of course, coffee.
- eat at least 2 good sized meals a day and at least 2 healthy snacks.
- move. I'm not going to put much emphasis on how much I am going to move at first, I just want to do something every day.
- not to deprive myself. If I want a treat, I will have one, but I will pay close attention to portion size and try and plan the rest of my day accordingly to stay within my calorie goals for the day.
- weigh in weekly on Sunday mornings.

Here we go again!

Replies

• ScatterBrainedSpirit
    Options
    September 1st:

Mood: Not feeling well.
    Food: 1347/1506 calories consumed - 159 remaining
    - no junk food eaten
    Pepsi: None
    Water: 7 glasses
    Exercise: 2 minutes, including step up and squats (50)
    If every day were like today...you'd weigh 189.7 lbs in 5 weeks.

I really wasn't feeling well yesterday, but I still wanted to make an effort to move. I figured if I didn't, Day 1 would be the end, and I didn't want that. I managed to do 50 squats (I am doing a squats challenge this month). I had planned to do 10 minutes of step ups on my stairs, but I felt so ill I only made it to 1 minute. I am happy with my day overall, because I made an honest effort despite how I was feeling.
  • LauraJean7619
    LauraJean7619 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    September 1st:

Mood: Not feeling well.
    Food: 1347/1506 calories consumed - 159 remaining
    - no junk food eaten
    Water: 7 glasses
    Exercise: 2 minutes, including step up and squats (50)
    If every day were like today...you'd weigh 189.7 lbs in 5 weeks.

I really wasn't feeling well yesterday, but I still wanted to make an effort to move. I figured if I didn't, Day 1 would be the end, and I didn't want that. I managed to do 50 squats (I am doing a squats challenge this month). I had planned to do 10 minutes of step ups on my stairs, but I felt so ill I only made it to 1 minute. I am happy with my day overall, because I made an honest effort despite how I was feeling.
    Great job on execrising and eating right. Just take one day at a time and before long you will be there.:smile:
  • ScatterBrainedSpirit
    Options
    September 2nd:

Mood: Meh.
    Food: 1798/1731 calories consumed - over by 67 calories.
    Water: 9 glasses
    Exercise: 63 minutes, including step ups, squats (55), and housework.
    If every day were like today...you'd weigh 192 lbs in 5 weeks.

Felt better today, but dealing with PMS (read: cravings). That resulted in my eating the potato chips I ate. :( I was just about to finish my diary off for the day, when Justin walked in with a mocha and a bagel. I gave the bagel to Chloe, but couldn't let the mocha go to waste (no one else drinks them!).
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Glad your feeling better , well done on resisting the bagel and the Pepsi .
  • ScatterBrainedSpirit
    Options
    September 3rd - 4th:

I started this journey, yet again, on the 1st and did really well for the first couple of days. But, we were in between pay periods and grocery shops and that meant it didn't last much past the second day, despite good intentions. You can't eat properly if you don't have anything in the house to eat! Justin is going grocery shopping today and I will be back on track tomorrow. But I really hate these bumps.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Some of the 'meh' mood may be due to losing the caffeine jolt and sugar buzz of the Pepsi. Give it a few days to work it's way out of your system.

I'm in your corner!!
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was just about to finish my diary off for the day, when Justin walked in with a mocha and a bagel. I gave the bagel to Chloe, but couldn't let the mocha go to waste (no one else drinks them!).

Isn't that the worst? I always find myself eating things because they're so good and why waste it? But really I'd rather some things go into the trash than into me. I'm not a trash can! Not even a gastronomically inclined one. Way to go on your resistance so far. Get stronger.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Great job on no Pepsi!! This will maake you feel bad to you get through the detox period but then you will feel better. Good luck!
  • ScatterBrainedSpirit
    Options
    This week is not going like I thought it would, but there have been positives thrown in here and there. I started recording yesterday morning, but ended up going off the beaten path and don't even remember what I ate to allow me to finish my journal. I'm still not drinking Pepsi (positive!), but I'm also not moving and I am putting other junk into my body. I am hoping to take steps to turn myself back around today. It's funny, I was working overnight when I lived in Winnipeg and my problem there was that I ate to stay awake. Now I think I am eating out of boredom because I am at home and not working. Some days it feels like I just can't win. But I won't let it stop me. I have goals to meet, and I WILL meet them. Even if it takes me longer than I'd like. I really need to discipline myself. Easier said than done.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Self discipline is so dang tough! But you are doing great on the Pepsi - the giving up soda is my big issue! Stay focused!