September 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 1.4 lbs. That makes 5.1 in the last 3 days. I'm feeling good. I reached a new low on the scale and hope to keep going. Late afternoon and evenings are my trouble spots with snacking too much.
  • Zuzanna100
    Zuzanna100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 3 day stall, I actually gained back a pound a few days ago. Cauliflower mash has more carbs than I thought, so that was a mess up but I looked at the fiber and it's almost half fiber so that helped (even though I normally don't track net). I've been slightly over my carb 20 count to for the past few days, by accident (not realizing), so maybe that's why. Still in ketosis. I've noticed I've been busy (walking) doing everyday stuff. much more than normal so I thought I may lose, but nope.

5 pounds in 11 days is still good (even if it's water-you got to start with it). As big as I am and this being my second week of induction I expected a little more but it's always hard for me to lose. I'll just have to correct my mistakes.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how your macros should be set up if your following atkins...want to make sure I am getting the proper fat? Thanks

Macros should be around 65/25/10 (F/P/C)
  • emmyp18
    emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in! Been fluctuating during August due to vacation and a camping trip. I got back completely on board Tuesday morning and between then and now (2 days!) I have lost 6.5 lbs!!! Hurray! :-)
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so fed up with eggs, cheese, heavy cream and meat that sometimes even though I am hungry I don't feel like any of those and in the end I eat too little.
    Now, I know that nuts are not allowed on induction but what about almond butter ? Its 100% almonds, no sugar or oils added. Not even salt.

Per 100 grams :

643 kcal
    proteins - 23 g
    carbs - 5.6 g
    fats - 56 g

I usually eat 3-4 teaspoons ( 24 grams all together ) during the day so that's 154kcal : 1 carb 13 fat 6 proteins
    Its a great treat as its very tasty and then macros seem perfect BUT I have stopped losing weight. Can it be the reason?
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The first couple of days were non-Atkins :(

Been on plan since - weighed in this a.m. down - 1.7 lbs.
  • bmod1
    bmod1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A little late, but I'm in. Lost quite a bit a few years ago on Atkins, but then I got lazy about it. My DH doesn't do low carb, so sometimes it is hard to come up with food ideas that I can adjust to both of us. I am being more proactive this time around and making weekly menus with dishes that I can just add potatoes, rice or noodles on his plate and not mine. I am very determined this time to not get lazy about it. Good luck all.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been on induction for the last 4 days and have only lost 300grams, or 0.6 of a pound. Its so discouraging. It could be because its TOM and I'm retaining water, but I just thought that doing this challenge in combination with Jillian Michaels 30DS that I would achieve good results? My diary is open if anyone has any suggestions?
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Day 5! These days I've always had 20-30 net carbs but that should still be okay, right? I'm really enjoying my meals and trying not to eat the same thing every day to not get bored of food. I made the mistake of saying I was doing the atkins diet to my friends and immediately they're like noooo your body needs carbs blah blah blah. I just changed the subject haha.

Just wondering, what does your exercise regimen look like? I'm running on the treadmill 4 times a week and strength training 3 times a week for half an hour.

Let's keep at it!
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's 3rd day today that my weight is the same :(
  • danwold
    Options
    I have 15 lbs more to go before I am under 300 for the 1st time in almost 8 years!
  • Zuzanna100
    Options
    It's 3rd day today that my weight is the same :(

That happened to me but i lost 1/2 pound this morning!

Hang in there!
  • Zuzanna100
    Options
    I have been on induction for the last 4 days and have only lost 300grams, or 0.6 of a pound. Its so discouraging. It could be because its TOM and I'm retaining water, but I just thought that doing this challenge in combination with Jillian Michaels 30DS that I would achieve good results? My diary is open if anyone has any suggestions?

It's been a while since I've Atkins and I'm still on 2 week induction myself so I'm not sure about what I'm going to say about your diary but I'll give you my opinion.

1. I'm not a tomato eater but I'm not convinced it's okay on induction. Double check your tomato and cucumber. It may be okay.

2. Your Atkins shake and chocolate could be stalling you. I personally cannot even have a packet of splenda while trying to lose. After induction, if I just have to have sweetness, I know I will stall and not lose weight if I make myself low carb sweet treats. I personally would advise against any store bought shakes/bars during induction, especially. It stalls me even when not on induction. Xylotal and mylotal -bad spelling--stalls me, too and those are normally in those bars.

3. Unless you have a reason for drinking skim milk, I would drink milk with at least 1% fat and use it instead of your almond milk, too. It's a great way to boost your fat/protein ratio. I'm not even sure almond milk should be used during induction.

Just my thoughts, take some or toss them.

Wish you well.
  • StephanieE3456
    Options
    I'm down .3 today. That's 5.4 lbs since Monday. I'll take it! I haven't been able to exercise as much as I normally do because my kids have been sick and home from school. I'm hoping to get a workout in tonight.
  • StephanieE3456
    Options
    Down 1.2 lbs this morning. I'm feeling great. That's 6.6 lbs since Monday. I'm heading out for a run this morning.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

It's been a while since I've Atkins and I'm still on 2 week induction myself so I'm not sure about what I'm going to say about your diary but I'll give you my opinion.

1. I'm not a tomato eater but I'm not convinced it's okay on induction. Double check your tomato and cucumber. It may be okay.

2. Your Atkins shake and chocolate could be stalling you. I personally cannot even have a packet of splenda while trying to lose. After induction, if I just have to have sweetness, I know I will stall and not lose weight if I make myself low carb sweet treats. I personally would advise against any store bought shakes/bars during induction, especially. It stalls me even when not on induction. Xylotal and mylotal -bad spelling--stalls me, too and those are normally in those bars.

3. Unless you have a reason for drinking skim milk, I would drink milk with at least 1% fat and use it instead of your almond milk, too. It's a great way to boost your fat/protein ratio. I'm not even sure almond milk should be used during induction.

Just my thoughts, take some or toss them.

Wish you well.

Thanks so much for your input and the time you took to look at my diary,
    I will definitely cut out the bars and low carb sweets. Since writing originally, I have swapped skim milk for cream, but I did see online that almond milk was on the acceptable list. I will try this week without it though and see if it makes a difference :)
  • emmyp18
    emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Down 8.5 lbs in the first 6 days! Wishing and hoping for another 1.5 lbs off today to make week one 10 lbs! :-)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Only down three. Watching the Cleveland Browns be the Cleveland Browns didn't help, either. I didn't exercise yesterday, and I drank too much Michelob Ultra. Still in ketosis, thankfully. Next Sunday, I'll mow the lawn, or go golfing instead.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Down 8.5 lbs in the first 6 days! Wishing and hoping for another 1.5 lbs off today to make week one 10 lbs! :-)

Congratulations!!!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    [/quote] I have swapped skim milk for cream,
    [/quote]

This will help!