Level 1 - Day 9

Options
drbskinny
drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
Good morning shredders!

I hope everyone is finding the time & motivation to keep going. I know I've been struggling this week, finding the inspiration to push past feelings of laziness & resignation, but checking in here & seeing all of you succeeding despite your own struggles (whether they be with the shred or otherwise,) is the motivation I need to get past my own lack of energy.

Day 9 here we come!

Replies

• tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    D4L2 is done. I have to say that I enjoy level 2 more, even though it is more challenging. I found level 1 to be boring (again, although it was challenging). All done for today. I work a bit later than normal today so I need to find some time for something this evening. Maybe a walk or some yoga. Have a great Thursday!

Tanya
  • 1nt2Lose
    1nt2Lose Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! The video is going by quicker and I am definitely stronger. Just wanting to see that scale move down and not up!

( L2D2-keeping track of this for my own knowledge for the days that I double-up)
  • minicoopsie
    minicoopsie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    been sick all week but hoping I can actually do some of the 30 day shred or if not some sort of exercise
  • Goosie17
    Options
    Im sad to say that I may not be able to catch up on my shreds that I have missed and don't know when I will be able to participate :(.....Last Friday nite while doing zumba I heard and felt a pop from the back of my knee and it still gives me an uncomfortable pain....after ive been at work a couple of hours it feels a lil stiff and if I squat down to where my knee is completely bent Ii feels like my knee is going to just bust into......there is nothing I can do about the work I am on my feet for at least 8 hrs most days with only a 25min break no way around that:(........but I decided not to do any exercise or anything else that puts a strain on it and maybe it will heal in a few weeks......I plan on doing some punches, ab exercises, weight lifting, leg raises, stuff like that just to keep me doing something:( I know some would say to go to a doctor and I will if it doesn't get well on its own but for now it is what it is and ive gotta do the best I can. A friend at work said it sounds like a torn ligament to her (I goggled it and she may be right but who knows after all she is not a doctor)....However I do wish u all the best and wish I was still on my shred:(
  • trenee35
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are injured. Hope you get better real soon.
  • trenee35
    Options
    Done with Shred 1 today. This week I've felt tired. Hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad.
    I usually feel extra motivated on Fridays.
  • hottie_in_training
    Options
    Im sad to say that I may not be able to catch up on my shreds that I have missed and don't know when I will be able to participate :(.....Last Friday nite while doing zumba I heard and felt a pop from the back of my knee and it still gives me an uncomfortable pain....after ive been at work a couple of hours it feels a lil stiff and if I squat down to where my knee is completely bent Ii feels like my knee is going to just bust into......there is nothing I can do about the work I am on my feet for at least 8 hrs most days with only a 25min break no way around that:(........but I decided not to do any exercise or anything else that puts a strain on it and maybe it will heal in a few weeks......I plan on doing some punches, ab exercises, weight lifting, leg raises, stuff like that just to keep me doing something:( I know some would say to go to a doctor and I will if it doesn't get well on its own but for now it is what it is and ive gotta do the best I can. A friend at work said it sounds like a torn ligament to her (I goggled it and she may be right but who knows after all she is not a doctor)....However I do wish u all the best and wish I was still on my shred:(

I am in the exact same boat as you! I did go to a doctor today and have a torn ligament in my right knee. It is soooo frickin painful!! I did the shred on Monday and haven't been able to since. I hobbled around all week hoping it would be better but no such luck. It was so swollen this morning that I decided to go to the doctor. I couldn't stand the pain any longer either. The doctor ended up inserting a needle into my knee to drain the blood!!! He told me that I needed to kiss the shred goodbye for at least a month. He also said that people 190 lbs or higher that haven't been super active should not be starting with JM 30DS. The impact is too great for the knees. He recommended I take a month off, rest and heal and when I feel like returning do so but with modified exercises. He said that there is a modified version of the jumping jack which is much easier on the knees. I googled it and there is a youtube video showing how to do it.

I do plan on returning to the shred once this is healed and I will be doing the modified jumping jack but for now I'll be resting, healing and popping pain killers. :sad:
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Done day 9 successfully...but I still sweat like hell. I was so energetic though...looking forward for the last day then off to L2.
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am sorry to hear about the injuries. I truly hope you get better very quickly. Don't hesitate to see your doctor as he/she could possibly offer some solutions to heal sooner.
  • sweet_skin
    sweet_skin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the burn!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Done! Will catch up day 10 tomorrow - Saturday. Then a day of rest before attacking level 2.
  • Goosie17
    Options
    I do hope u are better soon.....:smile: