Fat fast or should I wait ? I need your advice !

Options
Semifredo
Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
I need your advice. It’s my first time on Atkins and I am not sure what to do next. At the very beginning I was losing weight very fast and it kept me very motivated. For the 2 weeks I haven’t cheated once. It just wasn’t worth it. I haven’t changed anything but my weight is just stuck. I weigh 69.1 kg. It’s 3rd day today so I have decided to wait 2-3 days more and if nothing changes I want to do Fat Fast for 3 days and see what happens.

These are macros from my last 3 days :
Calories : 836
Carbs : 10 g
Fat: 92 g
Proteins :61 g

Calories : 635
Carbs : 13 g
Fat : 99 g
Proteins : 44g

Calories : 624
Carbs : 8 g
Fat : 76 g
Proteins : 41g

Now, I know that I eat very little but it’s because I was so upset with my weight . I am literally scared to eat more because if my weight stays the same when I eat like that, what could happen if I actually started eating more ?
On Fast Fat we are not supposed to exceed 1000 kcal and 90% of calories should come from fat. Atkins says we can eat macadamia nuts ( but those have 18% of carbs and 8% of proteins ) cream cheese ( full fat Philadelphia should do ), egg yolks ( fine ), brie cheese ( 28% of fats but 21% of proteins) tuna with mayo ( ok, a lot of fat but tuna has a lot of proteins !). How am I supposed to achieve those 90% fat ? I would have to eat butter and heavy cream mixed with some Philadelphia occasionally !

Please, let me know what you think .

Joanna

Replies

• MelMelMiller
    Options
    You should be checking for "net carbs" so you calculate thise by taking the carbs minus fiber minus sugar alcohols (if there are any) and this gives you your net carbs. You'll usually only see sugar alcohols on sugar free items when they use an articial sweetner.

When I started Atkins I kept my calories at 1200, then even increased it to 1400, but always kept my carbs at 20 per day. I still haven't went past the 20 carbs per day unless it was a cheat day for me. My food diary is public so check it out. I've been doing Atkins for 2 months now and I've had a lot of success with it.

The last two weeks on Tues, Wed and Thurs I have done the Fat Fast to drop weight I put on during my cheat weekends (2 engagement parties & a bachelorette weekend with lots of drinking), so these 2 times only I dropped my calories to 1000 to make up for my cheat weekends. And the Fat Fast is only meant to be done 3-5 days at a time.

You definitely need to increase your calories because your body is probably now in starvation mode which has caused you to stall.

I bought the essentials Atkins book online really cheap and it helped me with the rules and guidelines on Atkins. I'm by no means an expert but BigRed and EddieH are really knowledgable and hopefully they will post something here for you too.

Plus I've only been doing Atkins for 2 months, they've been at it much longer.