Some problems ... need help

Options
Hi everyone ... i am so happy to join this group at last (i have went through all the website)

i have a bit of a problem ... hope someone can help ...

I am having a difficulty calculating my TDEE as my activity level doesn't fit any category ... i workout (strength) usually 2 but sometimes 3 times a week ... about 45 - 50 minutes each ... i do moderate level activity ... so i am neither (1-3 hours/wk of light exercise) nor (3-5 hours/wk of moderate exercise) and i am not sure at this point if i can increase my exercise frequency as i fear not being able to maintain that level of activity later on ...

I am 5.5" and used to be 220 pounds ... i am now 154 pounds and it took me three years to lose this weight ... i haven't done any special diet only eating in moderation except for 6 months of low carbing in which i lost no more than 18 pounds (i stopped low carbing though) and one month of 1700 calories a day in which i didn't lose a pound ! ... i never exercised during most of those three years ...
I wasn't in the habit of counting calories and for the past 8 months i have been focusing on whole foods .. except for the very rare occasions when i eat out or have something sweet ... i normally feel full and satiated (for example i have whole wheat pancakes with butter more than once a week, and i would have two big pancakes)... and i usually don't eat after 6:00 pm
i started strength training 3 months ago and this made me eat more i guess because i have been feeling more hungry ... i try not to focus on the scale but my jeans are much tighter now and i have gained 4 pounds.. it might be the combination of more food and exercise ... but that is not a problem as i have been reading many articles here about the issue ...

what i am looking to do right now is lose some more weight ... i don't want to restrict my calories to the extent i lose energy and harm my body yet i know i am eating more than i should... i want to lose 26 pounds or at least fit in the pair of jeans that i have (i know the scale doesn't matter much) ... i also want to be stronger and healthier and build a bit more muscle ...but to do so i have to calculate my TDEE and i am not able to do that accurately

two days ago i have started to calculate my calories on MFP and i am eating at around 1800 to 1900 ... but not sure if that is the way to go ... i am feeling hungry most of the time though and that is uncomfortable ...

what's bugging me is that after having a great relationship with food for the past year or so ... eating to fuel my body and enjoying what i eat and still lose weight ... now i am becoming depressed ... i am not losing weight (gaining actually) and i am not sure where to go from here

can anyone help please?

Replies

• yourfriendchristine
    Options
    Hi everyone ... i am so happy to join this group at last (i have went through all the website)

i have a bit of a problem ... hope someone can help ...

I am having a difficulty calculating my TDEE as my activity level doesn't fit any category ... i workout (strength) usually 2 but sometimes 3 times a week ... about 45 - 50 minutes each ... i do moderate level activity ... so i am neither (1-3 hours/wk of light exercise) nor (3-5 hours/wk of moderate exercise) and i am not sure at this point if i can increase my exercise frequency as i fear not being able to maintain that level of activity later on ...

I am 5.5" and used to be 220 pounds ... i am now 154 pounds and it took me three years to lose this weight ... i haven't done any special diet only eating in moderation except for 6 months of low carbing in which i lost no more than 18 pounds (i stopped low carbing though) and one month of 1700 calories a day in which i didn't lose a pound ! ... i never exercised during most of those three years ...
    I wasn't in the habit of counting calories and for the past 8 months i have been focusing on whole foods .. except for the very rare occasions when i eat out or have something sweet ... i normally feel full and satiated (for example i have whole wheat pancakes with butter more than once a week, and i would have two big pancakes)... and i usually don't eat after 6:00 pm
    i started strength training 3 months ago and this made me eat more i guess because i have been feeling more hungry ... i try not to focus on the scale but my jeans are much tighter now and i have gained 4 pounds.. it might be the combination of more food and exercise ... but that is not a problem as i have been reading many articles here about the issue ...

what i am looking to do right now is lose some more weight ... i don't want to restrict my calories to the extent i lose energy and harm my body yet i know i am eating more than i should... i want to lose 26 pounds or at least fit in the pair of jeans that i have (i know the scale doesn't matter much) ... i also want to be stronger and healthier and build a bit more muscle ...but to do so i have to calculate my TDEE and i am not able to do that accurately

two days ago i have started to calculate my calories on MFP and i am eating at around 1800 to 1900 ... but not sure if that is the way to go ... i am feeling hungry most of the time though and that is uncomfortable ...

what's bugging me is that after having a great relationship with food for the past year or so ... eating to fuel my body and enjoying what i eat and still lose weight ... now i am becoming depressed ... i am not losing weight (gaining actually) and i am not sure where to go from here

can anyone help please?

First congratulations on your success so far. I am new to this as well but this worksheet created by Heybales helped me tremendously in figuring out how much I should be eating with the weight I wanted to lose. You can use the simple sheet to get the basics down.

Weight Loss Calculator spreadsheet for BMR/TDEE deficit methods, HRM info, macro setup, MFP tweaking, all to maximize deficit and benefit of exercise done:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

Description of spreadsheet:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones