Weight Update ! Gain? Loss?

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    19 weeks today and I've finally started gaining.
    4weeks: 67.1kg
    13weeks: 66.6kg
    19weeks: 68.0kg

My waist, hip and thigh measurements are more telling.
    4weeks: 76cm, 94cm, 60cm
    13weeks: 78cm, 96cm, 57cm
    19weeks: 79cm, 97.5cm, 58cm
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!

HEIGHT: 5'4"
    SW: 139
    11 Weeks: 137 -2
    13 Weeks: 137.6 -1.4
    15 Weeks: 137 -2
    17 Weeks: 138 -1 TOTAL
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    19w3d and -1lb from pre-pregnancy weight...woot!
  • rachael116
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a fatty...lol. 17 weeks and 1 day today & I've gained 7 pounds total. However, I am kind of surprised it isn't more. I've been really hungry for the last 3 weeks and have been eating a lot more than usual. I hope that things even out soon, because I really don't want to gain more than necessary!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm up 15 pounds today (I will be 24 weeks on Thursday).....it is so frustrating that I am gaining so quickly being that I am only eating 1900-2000 calories a day (ok per my doctor). I am 5'8 and this is even slightly below maintenance for me (2140). I am retaining lots of water (pitted edema) but it still sucks! Sometimes your body is just going to do what it's going to do.
  • braggsalot
    braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jumping in here.

SW 222.6
    CW 232.4

I didn't want to gain this much already but with the bad MS I had, I ate lots of carbs and I completely stopped working out and counting my calories until yesterday. I can do light exercise but nothing like I was doing which is very frustrating to me going to the gym and not being able to lift. :(

I am 16 weeks today.

My plan from this point is to count my calories and try to workout for 5+ hours a week and whatever I gain, I gain.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Braggs! ill jump in here and say I had the same problem , was so sick that my paleo diet didnt do anything for me ,plus I had to eat every 45 minutes in order NOT to throw up :ohwell: also I couldnt work out . Finally when I hit about 16-18 weeks I was able to pick up regular exercise and now I am 21 weeks I am (almost) back to normal. My body and mind want to go for it but my lung capacity is another story :tongue: Im up 20 pounds even though I have been watching what I eat and working out! But what can we do :)
  • braggsalot
    braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Mommy!! I don't feel so alone now. I was eating high protein and lower carb and fat before and now I am higher carb so I believe that was/is one of the reasons. I had to eat carbs in order to keep my nausea at bay somewhat. I am feeling much better now in that area. I still have to be careful because of my Braxton Hicks that the midwife told me to take it easy due to prior preterm babies.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes! Be safe , definitely not worth it! Gotta keep those babies safe :)
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I thought I would check in. I'm just about 21 weeks and have gained about 5 lbs. It fluctuates pretty widely though (ie. if I weigh in at night after a weekend of travelling, I'm up 9 lbs, but the next day or so I go back to 5). I won't lie I'm still struggling with eating as cleanly as I did before I got pregnant. Some days vegetables just seem gross, and chocolate calls so sweetly ;) I'm trying my best though and always get lots of water in. I hope everyone else is feeling good, this second trimester business is definitely better than the first!
  • MSpradling18
    MSpradling18 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    starting: 140.8 lbs
    cumulative gain:
    10 weeks: - 3.4 bs
    11 weeks: - 3.8 lbs
    12 weeks: - 4.6 lbs
    13 weeks: - 4.2 lbs
    14 weeks: - 4.6 lbs
    15 weeks: - 4.0 lbs
    16 weeks: - 2.2 lbs
    17 weeks: - 4.4 lbs
    18 weeks: - 1.0 lbs (currently 139.8 lbs)

This last weekend was my daughters birthday and since then I have had cupcakes and/or banana pudding every day. Once it all runs out I hope I stop gaining so fast. But my chest and belly have had a half inch growth spurt while my butt stayed the same, so at least it's going to the right place!
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's great to see everyone's updates! Keep them coming! You're all doing great.

My latest update:

HEIGHT: 5'4"
    SW: 139
    11 Weeks: 137 -2.0
    13 Weeks: 137.6 -1.4
    15 Weeks: 137 -2.0
    17 Weeks: 138 -1.0
    19 Weeks: 139.6 +0.6 TOTAL

We got to see our baby boy on the ultrasound again this week. Dr. said he should be measuring at least 7 ounces at 19 weeks, AND HE WAS AT 11 oz!!! Either our due date was a bit off, or we have a very big boy. Either way, I'm glad he's growing! well. :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    18 weeks today and still no gain. I've upped my calories a little.
  • Elvira2011
    Options
    Hello,

I am 9 weeks, 2 days. I m on my 2nd baby and have a 20 month old. I am currently at 243lbs.as of 09/09/13, ..I am a bit scared of gaining any weight, which is why I signed up with MFP. Im 38 yrs. old and although I haven't been to my 2nd prenatal appt., I am pretty sure my dr. will tell me not to gain more than a few pounds. She even already had me take the Glucose drink, which is not usually until 23 weeks. My BMI is 41...not good...but I don't have any problems with Diabetes, or high blood pressure, yet...pray it stays that way with this pregnancy.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight-225

Ovulation- 225.0
    5 weeks- 222.6
    10 weeks- 218.6
    15 weeks- 216.0
    20 weeks- 214.0

Today (20 weeks 1 day) I weighed 213.4 but I am going to use yesterday's weight of 214

Haven't starting gaining yet still slowly losing... last appointment was at 18 weeks and found out we are having a boy... Doctor is fine with my weight loss so far because baby is growing good ... At 18 weeks he was perfect on measurements.

I have another ultrasound this Friday at 21 weeks. I see doctor again on Oct 3, at 21w6d.
  • Elvira2011
    Options
    So I noticed alot of women who are still exercising while pregnant. I thought you couldn't really do too much strenous exercise besides walking ...maybe mommy yoga or swiming....can someone shed some ligh??. i'm soooo overweight at 243 lbs ..i was overweight before my 2nd pregnancy...and i am only 9 weeks. Can or should I try losing weight during this pregnancy??
  • Elvira2011
    Options
    HI mommyhood,

I was interested in your post regarind your weightloss during pregnancy? Did i read that correct? Have you lost 28 lbs since your pregnancy? That is amazing:) i'm really worried about my current weight and being so overweight during my 2nd pregnancy. I am at 243 at 7 weeks, 5 days (ultrasound reading). How did you do it? Going to the gym or lower calorie intake during your whole pregnancy. I am so impressed by your story. Please share with me, how it could it be?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    So I noticed alot of women who are still exercising while pregnant. I thought you couldn't really do too much strenous exercise besides walking ...maybe mommy yoga or swiming....can someone shed some ligh??. i'm soooo overweight at 243 lbs ..i was overweight before my 2nd pregnancy...and i am only 9 weeks. Can or should I try losing weight during this pregnancy??
    I don't know about weight loss during pregnancy - best you talk to your doctor about that, but as far as exercise goes, you can do pretty much the same as what you were doing prior to getting pregnant (as long as your doctor okays it - some pregnancies are higher risk), for me that's lots of running. However you must listen to you body and if anything feels too uncomfortable, painful or difficult, you need to alter your exercise (I'm getting slower and slower).
    However, if you weren't exercising before getting pregnant, now is not the time to start - stick to walking and other low impact exercise such as swimming and yoga.
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My ticker is for my entire time on MFP- I started Mid march and got pregnant in May. I lost 17ish pounds before pregnancy and 11 ish pounds since pregnant... sorry for any confusion...
  • Elvira2011
    Options
    HI there,
    thank you for your comment. I makes sense. :smile: