Natural remedies

Options
This is along the lines of clean eating and clean living, I hope. My almost 9 year old daughter is developing pimples on her forehead. Can you recommend any natural items to help get rid of these. I have her wash her face 2 times a day with Burt's Bee's at night and neutrogena in the morning. This is helping but not getting rid of them. All of the pimple stuff is too harsh. Can anyone recommend something natural for my little one?

Replies

• RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The first thing that comes to my mind is dairy. I can't give you a direct quote at the moment, but being a former acne sufferer myself, I've done a lot of reading, and dairy in all its forms (milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese) has been shown recently to be linked to acne.

The second thing I think of is grains. Having grains of any kind in the diet (pasta, bread, rice, tortillas, etc), or even legumes like peanuts or kidney beans, can cause ongoing, low-grade inflammation that manifests itself in all kinds of ways, including acne.

If it were me, I'd cut the grains and dairy out of that little cutie's diet for at least two months to see the difference. Give her avocados and chicken instead of a chicken sandwich, burgers wrapped in a big ol' leaf of romaine instead of on a bun, etc.

In the meantime, a good wash that could help with what's active right now and what will most likely be popping up in the near future is a mix of apple cider vinegar and water. Either a mix of 2 parts water to 1 part ACV, or 3 parts water to 1 part ACV should be gentle enough for her face. Getting organic will be important here, just because apples themselves are pretty heavily sprayed, and I'm sure whatever they're sprayed with shouldn't be going on a face, haha!

I keep a mixture of this around in a small spray bottle. I also put about 5-6 drops of tea tree oil in, to help soothe my skin. Each night I just scrunch my eyes closed nice and tight, same with the lips, and give myself a good 3-4 sprays in the face, haha! You could also spray it onto her hands and have her gently massage it on, then rinse with cool water.

Best wishes, and I hope it goes well!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This is very interesting. She drinks lactose free milk and eats lactose free yogurt, but she loves peanut butter and peanuts.
    I will try your suggestions and see what happens. Thank you very much.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!!!! good to see you here! I would also suggest a good probioticas all things in the skin start within!

we do raw dairy.studies show 90% of people who have intolerance to dairy do quite well on raw dairy.

for topical treatment, coconut soap and a little tea tree oil. I also seconds the acv!