protection and contraception

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
I saw this article today and it made me realize that we rarely discuss protection and contraception here in Peeps.
http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-09-06/true-story-i-only-use-the-pullout-method/#disqus_thread

Preferred methods?
Dealbreakers when it comes to this?
Is it an issue of age?
Or an issue of monogamy?

Guys, Do you usually ask - or even care - if a woman is on the pill?

As far as the article goes, this seems to be the most important statement that was made, "an unplanned pregnancy also would not ruin my life."

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Blue birds have blue babies, red birds have red babies, swallows don't result in children. "nuff said!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha dbrightwell, nice.... nice.... :)

Preferred methods? - I use the ring myself.

Dealbreakers when it comes to this? Yes, until I know I'm ok with having an "accident" with you or contracting your gonaherpasyphillaids, you better have something on. Yes deal breaker, I don't care how horny I am or you are.

Is it an issue of age? Um, I tend to think that younger guys think protection isn't that big of a deal, so the article confirms that a little I guess.

Or an issue of monogamy? No for me, its just plain protecting my own *kitten*. :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I carry my own condoms in my purse and have them in my nightstand... I teach classes on HIV and STD's. I have previosly not used condoms , when I was married and also in my long term relationship (he was sterile) THe BF and I discussed pregnancy (we've both been tested) and I told him we use protection because unless something is severely wrong with an embyro I would not be having an abortion
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I have an IUD and use condoms unless we are monogamous.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I must admit that my LTE and I used the 'pull out method' for years!! But we were conscious that pregnancy 'could' happen, and accepting of fate in that regard, so I dont think I was totally irresponsible!! :wink:

Before that I was on BC but I came off it for medical reasons.

Condoms are a must with a new partner or FWB, for STD protection, although I can't say that I've always been responsible in that regard either! :noway: :smokin:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My experience has been fairly similar to Anna. Diseases are much more concerning to me than an oops would ever be.

I also think there's some validity to the article as I've talked to a few guys who say most women force them to pull out, even when wearing protection (where's the fun in that?). Then again, maybe that's just because the majority of guys who hit on me are younger. :wink: ***Oh and to clarify, talking to guys about sex does not mean that I am doing it with any or all of them. :tongue:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I, like the two above, would be more scared of diseases than pregnancy any day.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I, like the two above, would be more scared of diseases than pregnancy any day.
    ^^^ THIS.

However, I will say BF and I were both "clean" and knew it and have never used protection. He has brought up kids/babies multiple times so I don't think it would be a problem if the latter occurred.....
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Condoms until I know we are in a committed relationship and know he's clean.

I've had a tubal, plus take bc for hormones, so I think I'm safe in regards to the pregnancy. ;) On top of that the bf has had the big V. No worries over here.