Insanity September 9th beginners.

Options
MsJossie
MsJossie Posts: 12 Member
For all those starting Insanity for the first time on 9th of September this is a means to encourage ourselves to start and finish Insanity with remarkable results. No Excuses, No Compromise and No Laziness! It's time to Dig Deeper (in Shaun T's Voice). Lets do this for ourselves, our families and our friends.
Good Luck guys (... we'll need it).

Replies

• yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity at the beginning of the week but have been struck by a terrible cold so had to stop on Thursday. Hopefully if I'm fully recovered by the 9th I will start again and this will be a nice way to encourage each other. You are more than welcome to add me as friend
  • MsJossie
    Options
    I started Insanity at the beginning of the week but have been struck by a terrible cold so had to stop on Thursday. Hopefully if I'm fully recovered by the 9th I will start again and this will be a nice way to encourage each other. You are more than welcome to add me as friend

I'm so sorry about your cold, I pray you get better quick, I just sent a friend request.
  • steviegreeks
    steviegreeks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just started today! Good luck guys :wink:
  • yangi1
    Options
    My cold has not gone yet but feeling better. I'm going to start on Tuesday hopefully. Good luck to both of you. We can do it
  • kmariam128
    Options
    Starting tonight too, good luck everyone! :)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am starting Insanity today. This is actually my second time doing it. I did it last year around this time, and when I finished felt like I was in the best shape of my life. So, although I've kept up working out over the past year, I've managed to gain back a few pounds and have lost some strength. So...time for another round of Insanity! I participated in a group the last time I did it and found it really motivational. (More from the perspective of that I didn't want to have to come here and admit I'd skipped a day. :))

I skipped the Fit Test and went straight for the Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning. (I didn't do the Fit Tests last time, either.) My schedule will be a little off because I plan to run a couple times a week as well, so on those days I'll just skip Insanity and do that day's work out the next day, and keep one day of rest a week.

It felt good -- I missed Shaun T. But wow, I was sweating!
  • Rejuvn8
    Options
    I will be starting in the AM with the fit test!
  • yangi1
    Options
    Nice to have someone who has done it before

Did the Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning and I really struggled probably because my cold is not complety gone. I find that I'm hungry none stop after. Does anyone find it the same as well?
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I get really hungry during Insanity. I upped my calories the first time I did it by 100 a day. It seems counter intuitive, but I still ended up losing over 10 pounds during the 60 day run.

I did Cardio Power and Resistance this morning (Day 3). I remember hating this one the first time I did Insanity, but I didn't mind it so much today. I think it's because I'm stronger than I was last year when I started. But still I have trouble doing all of the push up related moves, and had to stop and rest quite a bit. My upper body is really weak.
  • kmariam128
    Options
    I haven't done day 3 yet but wow am I sore from day 2!!! I've never sweat so much during a workout. Ever. My calves hurt the most. I was definitely not able to keep up with all of them and I took a lot of catch-my-breath breaks, but I still pushed myself so I was really proud when it was over.

I sucked down a protein shake after the workout (Tone It Up Perfect Fit organic brown rice protein..), and I didn't notice any crazy hunger after that. Might be something to try, Yangi?
  • MsJossie
    Options
    Nice work guys!!! Insanity is really insane, day 3 was kool, my thighs and calves still hurt like crazy. Tomorrow is another day to dig deeper... with luck we'll find what we are searching for at the end of the tunnel.
    Good Luck guys.
  • yangi1
    Options
    Yesterday I did Cardio Power and Resistance - yes I find those push-ups really hard as I have always done girly push ups. This morning was Cardio recovery which is much more relaxed but the stretches are still mad!

its funny but I'm looking forward to Pure Cardio tomorrow because I just love Cardio and you sweat lots.

Keep it up guys we are nearly through week one and hopefully it gets easier.
  • kmariam128
    Options
    my calves are SO sore after day 3! i had to walk like a penguin when I slid out of bed this morning, and even now I hobble around the first few steps after I've been sitting down.

i'm sure it's all normal it's just something that struck me as funny yesterday when I was doing day 3, because the pain in my calves from day 2 never actually went away when I warmed up and started to move like it has in the past. I just take that as a sign that I'm working hard and changing my body!

can't wait to get home from work today to do Cardio Recovery
  • yangi1
    Options
    Week 1 completed yay looking forward to rest day tomorrow as I'm sore and still not completely recovered from my cold. I'm hoping week 2 will be easier. Keep it up guys we can do it.
  • kmariam128
    Options
    Well, after week one both my fiance and I have lost 1 inch in our waists.. I was kind of hoping for more, but I know my diet wasn't clean enough.
  • yangi1
    Options
    Well done. I'm waiting for week 2 before I measure myself again. My diet is not the cleanest so I might not lose much. I'm hoping to lose weight as I really want to get rid of the last 8lbs
  • MsJossie
    Options
    Time for another Fit Test.... Yay!.... Maybe i'll beat Shaun T's Machine (Tanya) this time... Lol.
    How are y'all coping so far?
  • yangi1
    Options
    Had my fit test this morning...and yes I have improved in all the exercises and this is gving me motivation to go on as the last time week 3 was my downfall. I'm so pleased. I will be doing the measurements tomorrow and hopefully I have lost some inches as well!

All the best everyone!