What's on the Menu?

Options
gonabfit
gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
I'm just adding random message boards to promote convo... but, here you can write what you are eating/ate today.

Today for me: I had oatmeal for lunch but didn't eat it all and a boiled egg.
plum, fruit snacks and sprite for snacks
BROUGHT my lunch. YAY :bigsmile: :blushing: :blushing: lunch was a bbq chicken sandwich I made at home.

struggles- usually I struggle with fast food. I typically eat it daily and sometimes 2x... but past month or so I have REALLY cut back and I'm proud of that.

Today, I'm proud: that I did not eat out for lunch and I brought plenty snacks to prevent my going out to eat for lunch or breakfast. Go ME!

Replies

• dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day because I shop in batches. It does get a little boring, but it works for me. I'm really big on portioning things out and pre-making as much as possible.

I also have serious issues with fast food - it's like an on/off switch. I either eat everything cooked at home, or I will literally eat fast food/restaurant food 3x/day. Which is awful and incredibly unhealthy.

So far this week I've stayed on track with my pre-logged meals for each day! A coworker offered me a Reese's miniature and I accepted but that means I nixed the fudgsicle I was going to have later. I definitely resisted the mini muffins and cinnamon buns that were brought in to today's staff meeting, I had a mint and water instead and ate my lunch after the meeting!

I think I need to start adding some more variety into my meals so I don't get bored and lash out in some ridiculous eating spree. I'm definitely not starving, but I just get so bored sometimes. And actually it's funny if you think about it, when I eat McDonald's 6x/week I actually get bored with that too. But I just keep eating it, unless I really force myself to cook at home. Huh. I never thought about that.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The next 12 Weeks are set out for me

Meal 1 - 5 Whole eggs cooked how I want (Salt and Pepper on hand)
    Meal 2 - Two scoops whey Isolate, 10g Whole earth peanut butter
    Meal 3 - Salmon or Tuna with approx 70G cooked Broccoli and 50G grated Cheese
    Meal 4 - Two scoops whey isolate with 10g whole earth peanut butter
    Meal 5 - 8oz Chicken, Approx 70G cooked Broccoli, 1oz Almonds
    Meal 6 - 5 Whole eggs cooked how I want (Salt and Pepper on hand)

Cheat/Refeed last meal on night before my day off work.

Nice and simple
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had:

B: 2 fried eggs, 2 sausage links
    L: Chef salad
    D: Tuna with mayo and pickles
    S: Slim Jim
    11 glasses of water

Today:

B: Veggie scramble
    L: Chicken drummettes and a salad
    D: Spinache quiche
    S: Pork rinds
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Today I had cereal for breakfast with FF milk, (1/2 cup)
    3/4 C strawberries
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So far, I've had 2 slices of whole wheat toast w/1tsp of peanut butter and lightly drizzled with honey. I also consumed 3 mugs of coffee with half & half and sweet & low. My coffee is a must have! :)
  • Fujigala
    Fujigala Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to make breakfast almost every morning. I would bake waffles, pancakes or french toast. Now I mainly eat Oatmeal for breakfast. I think it fills me up better and is healthier.

For lunch I eat warm and cold for dinner. I just made myself chili and portion it out. Then I'll eat the four portions over the next seven days.
    For dinner I don't eat much, just enough not to get hungry.
    This seems to work really well for my family. My husband gets a warm lunch at work, my son gets something warm at school and why then should I take the time at night to cook for them again. I rather spend the time doing something else.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I love that you all have such varied strategies for eating! :-) YAY!

For the first time in a long time... maybe EVER??? I was so distracted today that I didn't EAT! O_o GASP! I never forget eating. smh. What a day!

I ate brunch ~ 11 am... I was running behind this morning didn't get to eat breakfast. So I grabbed a bacon egg cheese croissanwich. No hash browns and coffee. Well I BOUGHT the hashbrowns and then decided they weren't worth the calories ate 2 and threw the rest away.

then I came home to burn off some stress.. burned 1143 cals. Missed dinner/lunch. at 11 pm realized I hadn't eaten and had shrimp, grits, string beans , and carrots.

I'll do better tomorrow.
  • dodihere
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day at breakfast and lunch. boiled egg, piece of fruit, i chomp on a carrot until lunch, then have spinach and sweet potato or cottage cheese and tomato or fruit. Then i eat dinner as I wish and snacks and on weekends are free days for me.

I have been able to maintain my weight like this for a very long time. Now I plan to add another carrot in the evening or fruit and limit desserts and include my weekends on my diet.
  • erikalynne87
    erikalynne87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One thing I eat almost every day is the Chili Dark Chocolate made by Lindtt, it's my secret weapon. :wink: I looooove chocolate and I crave it a lot (especially while sitting at my desk for 8 hrs). It comes in a very large bar that is seperated into 8 pieces, each piece is just under 50 calories. Because it is so rich and because it really does have a hot chili flavor to it, I am only able to eat one piece before I am completely over my chocolate craving. I will break off lil bits of that one piece ALL DAY and it is plenty to keep me from hittin up the vending machine.
  • charliesangel13
    charliesangel13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Avocado
    Lunch: Paleo Chili & Baby Carrots
    Dinner Ribeye and Spinach Salad

Yeah! :) I got this!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    B: 2 scrambled eggs w/ cheese and diced tomatoes
    L: Chicken and side salad w/ ranch
    D: Not sure yet. Might go out
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just made peanut butter protein pancakes for breakfast. Holy CRAP.

1/2c (110g) cottage cheese
    1/4c (20g) oats
    1 tbsp (16g) peanut butter
    1 egg

Blend until it's smooth but not runny, cook like pancakes, destroy. Your nutritional values will vary based on the brands and versions of cottage cheese and peanut butter you use, but my diary is open if you'd like to see what mine came out to be! I just ate 3 beautiful pancakes with a scrambled egg and a couple tbsp of syrup. Absolutely excellent post-gym food if you ask me.
  • shanti_777
    shanti_777 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    lemon water
    pukka detox tea
    chai infusion (cinnamon, clove,cardamom etc)
    peppermint tea
    chickpea & spinach tomato soup
    2 80g bags of coconut chinchin (cookies)
    1 banana
    1 pink lady apple
    60g of dried papaya/raisin/pinapple mix
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Pretty typical work day for me:
    5am- Coffee with whole coconut milk
    8am- 2 hard boiled eggs and fruit (grapes, berries, watermelon, banana whatever)
    11am- 4 cups of lettuce/spinach topped with cucumber, bell pepper 4-6oz or meat (tuna, left over meat from dinner the night before) and maybe a half an avocado or more hard boiled eggs
    1pm (snack optional)- almonds and a piece of fruit maybe a cup of tea if I need a little pick-me up.
    Dinner- 6-12 oz of meat and a big *kitten* plate of whatever veggie came in the CSA box that week.

Weekend is a little different, I tend to fast on the weekends or just do a big breakfast after I work out and have a medium/light dinner.

I keep my calorie intake (or at least try to) between 1350 and 1700 depending on how hard I go at the gym. This also affects whether or not I throw a sweet potato in at dinner time.
  • Vogela824
    Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One thing I eat almost every day is the Chili Dark Chocolate made by Lindtt, it's my secret weapon. :wink: I looooove chocolate and I crave it a lot (especially while sitting at my desk for 8 hrs). It comes in a very large bar that is seperated into 8 pieces, each piece is just under 50 calories. Because it is so rich and because it really does have a hot chili flavor to it, I am only able to eat one piece before I am completely over my chocolate craving. I will break off lil bits of that one piece ALL DAY and it is plenty to keep me from hittin up the vending machine.

I seriously need to try this^!!! Sounds so amazing!! Also... I won't be posting what I ate today, since it was bad.... but tomorrow I will! ^_^ Since it WILL be good! haha!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Rough day. Very busy. Patient's non stop from 8-5 and I was exhausted this morning and therefore didn't wake up intime for my morning routine (which includes making breakfast.)

Went to MCD- Bacon Egg cheese biscuit, hash browns, med non-fat caramel mocha'

Work was so busy that is ALL that I have eaten from 8 am until now. so yes I had a high calorie breakfast but I didn't get to eat it all at once so it basically ended up being breakfast and lunch.

Going to make something healthy for dinner (and QUICK) so I can stay within calories for this stressful day.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Any ideas for healthy EASY to carry breakfasts!?

I need something I can grab and eat if I'm on the go! :-D
  • shanti_777
    Options
    i love throwing a sweet potato in!!!:heart:
  • shanti_777
    Options
    hmmm kind of out of context sorry bout that :)