FINISHED! My results (with pics).

Options
I don't really have any intro / anecdote to write. JMBR was a great program and I enjoyed it. I will definitely be doing another round in the future. I have maybe two pieces of advice. First, you are NOT too fat / out of shape to do the moves. Second, don't resign yourself to doing the modified versions of moves. Try the more advanced moves every single time, and if you have to end with the modified version, fine. But if you don't at least keep trying them you will never build the strength to do them.

Anyway, I kept lots of stats / photos over the course of the program, so this will be fun to see everything laid out. I didn't do 6 workouts a week sometimes, didn't follow the meal plan, and didn't do the kickstart week. You can still have success with this program if you don't do it as Jillian intended.

Starting weight (June 1st): 210 lbs.
Ending weight (Sept. 5th): 177.5 lbs.

Weight lost: 32.5 lbs.

Inches lost: ???
I gave up at measuring, but you will see below that I lost a ton of inches. I went from a size 18/20 to a 12/14.

Weigh-in history:
June 7th - 204.1
June 14th - 204.1
June 21st - 200.8
June 28th - 197.8
July 5th - 196.9
July 12th - 193.1
July 19th - 192.9
July 26th - 189.2
Aug 2nd - 189.2
Aug 9th - 186.7
Aug 16th - 184.5
Aug 23rd - 184.5
Aug 30th - 179.5
Aug 5th - 177.5

Pics!

Beginning / End Front Pics

qq7z.jpg

Beginning / End Side Pics

7jd1.jpg

Front Progression Pics

ko1k.jpg

Side Progression Pics

ne34.jpg

Front Clothed

pshw.jpg

Side Clothed

jd4t.jpg

Other pics

wlc8.jpg

bkhz.jpg

Replies

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    wow! you look awesome! Great job sticking with the program and having amazing results. How many sizes did you lose? I got sick and then two weekends out of town so missed three weeks so I have gone back to week four this week to get going again. I am also doing the Couch 2 5K. I've lost 12 lbs so far and gone down a pant size and two dress sizes. So, are you doing another round or what will you do now?
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow look how much your stomach and hips shrank! That's great advice to keep trying the moves that are hard every single time until you can finally do them :)
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great I hope that I get such results.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work! What a transformation! I'm about halfway through now, so these kinds of pictures are great to keep my motivation high. You are very inspirational. Congrats! I think everyone on this board knows you worked hard for it! :D
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I went from 18/20 to 12/14 (possibly a 10, my jeans I bought a month ago are kinda loose). Not sure how many sizes that counts as.

I am starting P90X Monday, but will be definitely be doing JMBR again in the future. Right before JMBR I did 30DS, so I have had about 120 days straight of Jillian. I love her, but I am excited to try something different.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations i'm 3 weeks out from being done
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work! This is just what I needed to see, such inspiration! I'm starting where you did (210 lbs) so to see how much you lost is some motivation :) I'm going to re-start tomorrow and I am determined to finish it this time!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I went from 18/20 to 12/14 (possibly a 10, my jeans I bought a month ago are kinda loose). Not sure how many sizes that counts as.

I am starting P90X Monday, but will be definitely be doing JMBR again in the future. Right before JMBR I did 30DS, so I have had about 120 days straight of Jillian. I love her, but I am excited to try something different.

Great. I am hoping to lose about the same as you and am starting from about the same size/ lbs. I plan to do a hybrid P90X/ Insanity after I finish so hope to hear how you like the transition to P90X.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow those are terrific results! Great work! Isn't it amazing when you stick with her program where she gets you to?
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow those are terrific results! Great work! Isn't it amazing when you stick with her program where she gets you to?

Yes, and I think she and her programs deserve more credit than people give them. I did P90X's Plyo X yesterday, which is touted as being one of the most difficult workouts - and it was a breeze after doing JMBR. Jillian's program really got me in shape. It's crazy to see the people on the screen huffing and puffing and breathing heavy (they've got to be acting right??), and I'm fast-forwarding through the breaks because I don't need one. Ha! Like anything though... you get out of it what you put into it, and I absolutely busted my *kitten* though JMBR. So proud of myself! =)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I love your tips. You are so right about starting with the harder moves and then dropping to the modified move if needed. You are so much more tiny! Congrats! I also have a track record like yours doing 5 months of Jillian and then needing a break. I missed her terribly and wound up back with her.
  • axesesh
    axesesh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are definitely fantastic results! Congratulations on a job well done and you so deserve it! :smile:
  • berrygirl2013
    berrygirl2013 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome results! I've just started week one today and I'm pretty excited to see the results! XD Hardcore Jilian fan right here :) Hehe
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. I just started week six yesterday. I took pictures after phase 1 and could not really tell much of a difference but I hope I will get results like you. The scale moves down every week and my pants are looser so I know something is happening.

Thanks for sharing!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow your results are great! You look fantastic too! I love how you said you are not to fat to do this program. I am not far from your starting weight (I'm 217) I know you get results with her. Last year just about the same time I did phase 1 and just at the end of the month I got the flu and I never got back into it, but just in that 1 month I dropped 3 pant sizes. I remember going out getting new pants and going back out 4 times to switch the sizes because they were all loose! Seeing your pictures and remembering how much progress I made with just phase 1 really keeps me going.

Thanks for sharing!
  • SierraZulu
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Great job! I'm just over the halfway mark now and I totally agree - try the harder moves, it makes a difference! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wtg!