New- This group is just what I need.

Options
Hi, I'm Tara and I'm 24. I have had problems with binge eating for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why it started and I have a lot of trouble making it stop. For awhile I saw a therapist about it, however when I look back on that time now, I do not think it helped as I did not develop any coping mechanisms to curb the behavior.

Logging my food and planning ahead definitely helps me, however sometimes I can't help it. Routine helps me a lot. However, I lost my job in June and I was very depressed. I had all the time in the world, but absolutely no motivation to do anything. I spent the last 3 months constantly stuffing my face. I ended up gaining 20 pounds. The ups and downs of job interviews played with my emotions SOO much.

I restarted MFP a week ago and have been feeling pretty good. I ate an entire bag of potato chips yesterday (they're my weakness), but I'm moving on from it and started again today.

I typically never buy chips, however I live at home with my family and sometimes they just don't understand that if I'm feeling down and there are chips around I'm going to eat ALL of them.

I'd love advice on how to stop binge eating because it makes me feel absolutely horrible!

Replies