My story.

Options
I'll try to make this short & sweet :)

In high school, I did it all. Binged, purged, restricted to only hundreds of calories, fasted, stole diet pills, took laxatives. You name it. I probably tried it. That was a long time ago. I'm now in my 20s and haven't done any of that (except binge eating - blah!) since high school. I was never diagnosed with any eating disorder, but I think I may have had one. Who knows.

Anyways. I'm now pretty fat due to phases of binge eating. I joined this site to hopefully get that under control & lose some weight in the process. I want to lose 40-45 pounds and get down to about 130-135 lbs. I'm 5'4 and have been that weight before & remember being pretty happy at that, so we'll see :)

I'm going to start logging on Monday, Sept. 9th. I'm going out of town this weekend & figured I would have one last weekend to not worry too much about calories. If I seem like someone you would like to be friends with, please add me. I'll accept anyone. I don't have a real picture of myself on my page though, so if that bothers you, don't add me. I just am not comfortable with posting pictures of myself online.

Replies

• SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, just find your motivation and in no time you'll be meeting goals, just take it slowly and if there's one thing I've learned it is to move on from bad days no matter what, don't compensate or binge eating will turn into a cycle of punishment that never ends. My focus is eat as normal as I did before this journey (only then I had no clue about calories so bingeing didn't exist) so not restricting the next day.
  • skinny_search
    skinny_search Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my weight loss journey today! Wish me luck.

I've got a few friends that added me so hopefully they can help support me :)
  • EllieYuruker
    EllieYuruker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im also in the cycle of dieting and bingeing etc but am trying my best to get over it for example I make sure I am around people as much as possible because I usually binge in private. Also my next goal is to share everything I buy etc so I find it harder to binge!

Good Luck xxx
  • skinny_search
    skinny_search Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ^Oh I ALWAYS binge in private!! It's the worst. Sometimes I do really good all day but as it gets closer and closer to my husband coming home from work, I freak out and binge. Then I feel like total crap. I hope to stop this!
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Im also in the cycle of dieting and bingeing etc but am trying my best to get over it for example I make sure I am around people as much as possible because I usually binge in private. Also my next goal is to share everything I buy etc so I find it harder to binge!

Good Luck xxx
    Binging in private is a classic case of eating disorder! Do you feel that you are in a trance when you do so? I am soooo familiar with that feeling.

While it helps to be around people, I think ultimately you need to be comfortable with yourself when you are alone.

I am in the aftermath of a rare relapse (been great for years) so am keeping a diary.

do share wht you buy or whatever you think helps.

Good luck!!!