Read for a new challenge? A preview of what is coming!

Options
Hey! I've had a number of questions about how to start the next challenge, and other detail oriented stuffs from a couple of people who are new to doing a challenge. Hopefully this will clear up any quesitons! but if not, message me and we will get it all swuared away. after the second week it will be easy for you. seriously!

Here is the gist: On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I will post a new topic in the "2013 pound a week" group. You might want to joinn the group for easier access for later (this would be my first suggestion).

When I post, it will be announced on my wall. So you might want to friend me....my second suggestion is to friend me ADDING A MESSAGE about the challenge and who you are (otherwise I am likely to ignore you!). So. Below is the challenge. On Tuesday night/Wednesday mornings I will post a new topic for that week, and you can respond below the initial post with what your challenger's choice is (if you are doing that part) and in the first reporting week (a week from when you start) you will also report your tallies for the week. Participants for each week will report once a week (on Wednesday) in the new forum that I have posted.

If you want a handy weekly table with everything set up so you can print out and put check marks (or stickers) message me your email address and I would be happy to send you the one I made for myself!

I hope this helps!

Healthy holistic health 2 (HHH2) challenge

This challenge starts Wednesday September 11, ending Wednesday November 20th (the day before Thanksgiving...that's no coincidence) for a total of 10 weeks, but YOU CAN JOIN AT ANY TIME! (Act now, but this offer will last, and thanks to MFP, it is only 10 easy payments of FREE!).

YOU WILL NOT BE DROPPED so long as you continue to report in. Holistic health is a long term challenge, so while we will have an official winner on Thanksgiving day, getting back on that horse after a rough week is a big part of long term health. Lets be honest, we will all wax and wain in the short term to be healthy long term.

In the same spirit, feel free to TAILOR THIS CHALLENGE TO YOURSELF. Maybe you don't want to participate in the challenger's choice or maybe the self care-reporting feels cumbersome and impedes on your wellness; by George, that's ok! You can still participate in the challenge! You will be able to see your own weekly points and can compete against yourself rather than others. That sounds healthy to me!

Remember to post on Wednesday so that I can enter you to compete for the coveted weekly winner award. ;) On Thursday I will make a chart of the results you all post this week, highlighting both the Weekly Wednesday Winner (WWW!) and the Current Cumulative Conquerer (CCC!; wellness is long term, y'all). I will post the charts in this forum.

We are using an honor system (pftt - I'm not checking in on you...you are the one trying to be healthier, right?).

Please use the following as a template to record:

- Number of days you drink 8 cups of water(3 pts):
- Number of days you have 2 (e.g. 1/2c fresh) servings of fruit (3 pts):
- Number of days you have 3 (1/2c) servings of vegetables (5 pts):
- Number of days you avoid refined sugary snacks (5 pts):
- Number of days you log all food consumed in your MFP food diary (5 pts):
- Number of days you exercise for 30 minutes of exercise (5 pts):
- Number of days you exercised for 45+ minutes (7 pts a day):
- Additional self-care* (3 pts each day for self-care items reported):
- Challenger's Choice** identified and completed (10 points)?: Y or N
-Number of pounds lost (10 points per pound):
- or if you maintained your weight (5 points):
- or if you gained weight (0 points):
-Identify Challenger Choice for next week here:

*self-care is defined as any non-exercize, non- food related event that rejuvenates your soul. It may mean a bath by candle light, studying for an exam, meditation, stretching, doing your nails, tai chi, camping in a tent in your backyard, reading a book, religious practice, going to pet puppies, swinging on the playground, not counting calories while on vacation, saying "no", calling a friend or family member, or whatever does your soul good. YOU define what is good for you here.

** challenger's choice="design-your-own-bonus-points" option that you intend to fulfill during the week. The idea here is to be forward thinking in our wellness. As long as it falls into what YOU consider to be "wellness," it's fair game (e.g., finish reading Omnivore's Dilemma, "friend" everyone who is participating In the challenge, complete four days of planks, make an apt to have that funny mole checked, stay under your calorie goal for 5 days that week, or try a new class at the gym). When we check in the following week, we will report on whether or not we achieved it. This is like the self-care category, but with foresight, in recognition that we need to plan for a successful future of health and wellness.

Replies