Nutrition Advice

Options
dawnradford
dawnradford Posts: 3 Member
July 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello,
My name is Dawn and I had ACL surgery last winter so I lost a lot of muscle. Thankfully though, I began eating very healthy and lost about 30 pounds. But now, I am really trying to get my muscle back before starting the next track season. Also, I still have some fat and extra skin on my lower stomach that I am trying to get rid of. My main concerns are my diet because I have been doing a vigorous track program and weight lifting. Here are a few questions I have:

How many calories a day should I be consuming? I am 5'8" and weigh about 142 lbs. (Keep in mind I am trying to gain muscle AND burn fat).

Should I be taking in a different amount of calories every day (cutting, bulking)?

How much protein/carbs/fat should I be taking in daily? I am currently taking in at least 150 g of protein daily.

Any answers or extra advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Plug your height and weight in this calculator and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating as well as carb/protein/fat ratio. :)
  • dawnradford
    dawnradford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I know this post is old, but I have pretty much the same stats as you (5'9", 137ish lbs) and I'm trying to build muscle and shed fat. I've been eating at a small deficit for a while (about 1700) but I am now increasing my calories to 2000 to see if that helps me see additional progress. I love lifting but lift at home with only dumbbells. My body has drastically changed, although it has taken a while. When I feel like I'm getting a little too fluffy, I do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 for a month and stop exclusively lifting. I want the highest metabolism I can so I'm okay with eating more and seeing slower progress....plus if you eat more, you can progress quicker with your lifting. :)