My TDEE is 2712!!! EEEEKKKK!!!

Options
*sitting in lotus position, hands on knees, breathing slowly*

Trust the process, trust the process. Trust. The. Process.

Anyone else with a TDEE this high in the beginning? Lol...and boy, I was REALLY freaking out when it said 3174 at first. (( I forgot to click I was female on the Scooby calculator))

Anyway, EM2WL newbie here. I've fallen in love with weight training already for several months, but I stumbled upon em2wl on a "Half Size Me" podcast and suddenly it made sense why I have weighed the same for the last 6 months. TDEE is going to freak me out.

Off to watch the YouTube vids to calm me down. Lol...

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Yay for food!!

I truly is a terrifying process when you begin. I started just over 1300 calories, and made my way up to 1800. It was scary, it was hard on my head, but I have a few great and encouraging friends on my FL that help, a TON.

I changed my calorie levels a whole bunch of times (I was injured so no exercise, I got very ill, then I decided to go back to the MFP way and eat back my exercise cals, then I did a modified TDEE method - and I don't know where my numbers came from lol)... and I just went and re-examined my numbers, and at 1850, I could most likely bump it up some more.

You will seriously be surprised at how amazing you feel, you'll be energized, you'll sleep better, you're *ahem* bodily functions will work properly..

You are doing great by trusting the system!! You will wonder how you ever survived eating less!!
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Whew! Thanks for the reply. (and the friend request!)

One day at a time. Lol.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi Anita, another EMTWL convert here. I lost my initial weight eating 1400 a day. 5'8" tall. Lost around 15 pounds then stalled for ages. Upped slowly to 1800 and could probably go higher but this is working, albeit rather slowly. What is interesting is that I have not gained weight by upping and I feel much better on my current level. I am not accepting friends requests at the moment as I have enough friends here to be getting on with but good luck with your weight loss progress!
  • anitac0126
    Options
    Thank you! Slow and steady wins the race tho, right? :) I'm all for feeling better.
  • jbnl1991
    Options

Ha! You have no idea how many times I have actually done this these past six weeks on reset!! Glad to know I am not alone!
  • anitac0126
    Options
    Tee hee! I'm at 1855 (give or take right now) I never thought I'd have TROUBLE eating too much. Ha!
  • anitac0126
    Options
    Wait...SEE? Our thought process is jacked up. I *should* have said "eating ENOUGH" not too much. Oy. Rofl!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Trust

Anyone else with a TDEE this high in the beginning? Lol...and boy, I was REALLY freaking out when it said 3174 at first. (( I forgot to click I was female on the Scooby calculator))

Anyway, EM2WL newbie here. I've fallen in love with weight training already for several months, but I stumbled upon em2wl on a "Half Size Me" podcast and suddenly it made sense why I have weighed the same for the last 6 months. TDEE is going to freak me out.

Off to watch the YouTube vids to calm me down. Lol...

You gave me a good laugh with envisioning you sitting on the floor deep breathing..
    Welcome welcome... It is shocking when you see the numbers and I'll say even more shocking if you don't pick the correct activity level. I thought with my three lift days and cardio day or two I was moderate but after wearing the body Media Fit found im very active.

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been upping my cals for the last year. Now, I wanna stomp my foot and cry when I think about the possibility of eating under 2000. So, I don't, lol.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is about where yours is.
    I remember very well, how intimidating it was for me at the beginning to eat that much.
    But you will get used to it, and your body will love it
    As you said-trust the process
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi, my TDEE is around there. I JUST started today on this method and would love more friends who eat! Anyone can add me! This is kinda scary for me and would love support!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hello! I feel your shock, mine is at 2481!! HOLY S***!!! Never thought I could have that much!! I'm with ya on trusting the process!
  • angsellis
    Options
    I just recalculated mine with moderate activity and I'm 2481 so I have to up my eating to 1985 from 1760. It's hard to wrap your head around but I lost 27 lbs and over 20 inches when I did this in the past. I'm back at it again and am never leaving again :)
  • Wekaba67
    Wekaba67 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a couple more SUPPORTIVE friends who are eating at TDEE-?%
    I increased my calories from 1400-1800 the beginning of this month after a little stall and more pounds lost is the result.
    I love fueling my body with nutritious foods!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is around 2800 (High burns on weekends). Weekdays are usually around 2300 - 2600 and Saturdays and Sundays are usually around 3000 - 3500. Welcome to the club! ;)
  • angsellis
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your friend :)
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    mine is high to 2286. i am not sure if this high