Options
This fat flush water is popular!
Body Flush and Detox Water

1 cucumber
1 lemon
1 or 2 oranges
2 limes
1 bunch of mint

Slice them all and divide the ingredients between four 24 oz. water bottles and fill them up with filtered water. Drink daily! This taste delicious, helps flush fat and counts toward your daily water intake!
Lemons: Help in the absorption of sugars and calcium and cuts down your cravings for sweets.
Cucumber acts as a diuretic and flushes fat cells. It is alkalizing to the body (if you have an alkaline body, it is difficult for disease to thrive), and increases your energy levels.
Limes promote a healthy digestive tract.
Mint is a natural appetite suppressant that also aids in digestion.

I drink this all the time. The taste is okay, sometimes on the bitter side. Maybe you already have seen this and are using it also.

Replies

• ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks when I go grocery shopping I am going to get the ingredients and try this. I drink a lot of water so should not be a problem - thanks a lot. Linda Beals
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    This fat flush water is popular!
    Body Flush and Detox Water

1 cucumber
    1 lemon
    1 or 2 oranges
    2 limes
    1 bunch of mint

Slice them all and divide the ingredients between four 24 oz. water bottles and fill them up with filtered water. Drink daily! This taste delicious, helps flush fat and counts toward your daily water intake!
    Lemons: Help in the absorption of sugars and calcium and cuts down your cravings for sweets.
    Cucumber acts as a diuretic and flushes fat cells. It is alkalizing to the body (if you have an alkaline body, it is difficult for disease to thrive), and increases your energy levels.
    Limes promote a healthy digestive tract.
    Mint is a natural appetite suppressant that also aids in digestion.

I drink this all the time. The taste is okay, sometimes on the bitter side. Maybe you already have seen this and are using it also.

I have done this for many years, had no idea it was a fat flush, it didn't work until I joined MFP :bigsmile:
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have some questions. Do you drink all 96 oz in one day? Can you reuse the veggies and just add more water? I'd like to give it a try.
  • fayeliquete
    Options
    Please forgive the late reply, my system went down. Just got it back. I drink all 96 oz( which is eight 8oz glasses of liquid. I have not eaten the veg. or the fruit. I reuse them for the next batch, then start fresh again. To be honest with you the directions do not say. I do eat the mint ! ! ! Best of luck to you.
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made it a few weeks ago and honestly could not get it down............it tasted like skunk smells.......however now that I reread the recipe it seems I did not use enough water for sure. I am going to try it again soon. Thanks
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have some questions. Do you drink all 96 oz in one day? Can you reuse the veggies and just add more water? I'd like to give it a try.

When I have made this I just have it in its own container in the fridge and drink on it over a couple of days. But I was not aware it is supposed to detox you. If detox is the goal, then drinking it all throughout one day would be the way to go. I also will add any fresh strawberries or raspberries I have on hand to that mix. I toss the water logged fruit into the compost bin.

I just like the way it tastes, I also love things like arugula, mustard greens, and all the other bitter leaning foods that my husband can barely be in the same room with, so YMMV.