Help! I'm addicted to Sugar!-- Sweet little video.

Options

Replies

• Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I didn't think about how lack of protein may cause sugar cravings.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I didn't think about how lack of protein may cause sugar cravings.

I didn't know that either. I struggle to get my protein intake.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about if it is possible to be addicted to sugar. I know it increases dopamine and affects the pleasure center of the brain. I have struggled with addiction in the past and I always wonder if sugar has been my replacement. I got sober 7 years ago and quit smoking 6 years ago. After I quit, I gained SO much weight. I would eat a pound bag of M & Ms in one day. Since my pathway in my brain has been so ingrained, I often think that I never healed it and sugar is keeping it alive. What do you think? I have been to OA and I know sugar is one of my major trigger foods. However, since working with a nutritionist for so many years and being told 'moderation' there is this voice inside me that says not eating sugar at all is too restrictive. Or maybe that is that addiction voice? I don't know. I have been in a sink hole the last few months of my journey and trying to find my way back.
  • Ortizden
    Ortizden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great article. I'm trying to keep on top of my protein intake. Sugar free for 7 days....yeah!
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone who has been doing this challenge! I aboslutely think sugar can be addictive. Here are some links:

I'll post them in a spearte post as well in case people miss them!

This is a youtube video from Dr. Roger Lustig. It's a long video but worth the watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those links Moonbaby!

Really good stuff there.

I've done great on the challenge. This is the 15th day without sugar!

I've decided not to worry about my fruit intake though. From what I've read, its processed completely different. And I love fruit so I'm just sticking with the "no sugar added" for now.