Breakfast [only!]

Wonderful BREAKFAST recipe, contributed by user maguariento - thank you! :-)

TOPIC: Breakfast

maguariento
Joined Aug 2013
August 28, 2013 10:34 am
Breakfast Burritos - make ahead

Makes 16 Burritos

8 Large eggs
1 c Egg substitute or egg whites
1/4 c Nonfat milk (75g)
1/2 bag (~380g) Frozen Potatoes O'Brien
4 oz. Lean boneless ham
1 1/4 c 2% Milk Reduced Fat Mexican Four Cheese Blend
16 Low Carb/HIgh Fiber Whole Wheat Tortillas, Large - La Tortilla Factory (Costco)
Salt & pepper to taste
Waxed paper

Whisk together the eggs, egg substitute, and milk. Add salt & pepper to taste. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium/low heat until well done. Cool completely.

Place potatoes in a covered, microwave safe dish. Add about a tablespoon of water and salt and pepper to taste. Microwave until fully cooked, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.

Dice the ham very fine.

Lay the tortillas out on your counter/table/etc. Add a spoonful each of the eggs and potatoes. Sprinkle with a bit of diced ham and cheese (use very little cheese). Roll them up, then roll in waxed paper. Chill in the fridge before transferring to the freezer (your freezer will thank you by not getting all frosty!).

I pull one out the night before and pop in the fridge. In the morning, unwrap from the waxed paper and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave 2 minutes on 50-60% power, turning it over half way through cooking.

178 cals
23g carb
8g fat
17g protein
13g fiber

The trick here is the tortillas... they are only 80 cals each with 8g protein and 12g fiber - amazing!!! I find them at Costco in Southern California; I hope you can find them, too!

Replies

• Soft Cinnamon Oatmeal Strawberry Bars (serves 2)
    (Calories: 67)

1 packet of prepared (with water) low-sugar Quaker Oats Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal (110 calories)
    1/2 cup of raw strawberry halves

In the bottom of a small tupperware container or square-shaped bowl, spread half of the cooked oatmeal.

Add and layer in the strawberry halves.

Add and spread the remainder of the oatmeal.

Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Put in the fridge for between 3 to 5 hours, or leave in overnight.

Cut in half, and serve to two, or save the other half for an afternoon snack! It is great also with some fat-free Greek yogurt, or some cashew milk on top.

Enjoy. :-)