What's your running pace & what wk of C25K are you on?

Options
teamAmelia
teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
So, what is your running pace and what wk of C25K are you on?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I've graduated C25K and my pace is between 7:45 and 8:30 per Kilometer at the moment. My pace depends on terrain (hill or flat), how tired I am, how hot it is, etc.
    I'm beginning to get to know myself a little bit more as I run along. It's surprising how a little thing can make a big difference.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just describe my pace as slow :smile: I'm in week 5, and my best mile time so far was 14 minutes. Better than the 20 it used to take me to walk a mile! I'm going for endurance, not speed right now. But once I finish the program, I'll work on speed.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long I run. 10 miles was 16:20. 4 miles is more in the 12s. If I do a 1 mile interval, it's right around 10.

Oh, and I'm in week 44. ;)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I just describe my pace as slow :smile: I'm in week 5, and my best mile time so far was 14 minutes. Better than the 20 it used to take me to walk a mile! I'm going for endurance, not speed right now. But once I finish the program, I'll work on speed.

I think you've got this, Putcake! This is the right attitude to see you through the program. Endurance is the key.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I graduated a few weeks ago. I haven't been measuring my speed. Only my distance right now. I will focus on speed once I get to a 10k level, currently I'm @ the 5k endurance level.
  • missa482
    Options
    I did w4d2 this morning and my runkeeper app clocked me at 16:32/mile. I'm slow ... I swear I can walk faster than I'm running. BUt I'm more concerned about conquering the distance. Once I have that under my belt, I plan to work on my speed.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 3, Day 3. My Run double app says that my pace was 11.29 minu/mile but then it says my overall pace was 12.37 min/mile and I guess thats when they average in the walks as well.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 8 (day 2 tonight!). My pre-warmup (so that I can stretch before the real app warm-up, etc.) is 3.1 mph. My warm-up is 3.1 mph also, my run is 4.5 mph and my cool-down varies between 3.2-3.5 mph :)
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2

9:33/mile pace....10:41 with warm up cool down.

Quick caveat...I was a sprinter in high school, served in the army in a physically demanding mos...and although I have not ran once since 2000, I had been running 5:30 when i first got out of the army...so I imagine as I increase distance, pace will stay same or decrease...i have a long stride which helps.

I really want to learn to be an endurance runner
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just did W7D2 today. My pace for the 25 minute running portion was just over 11:00/mile
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I did w4d2 this morning and my runkeeper app clocked me at 16:32/mile. I'm slow ... I swear I can walk faster than I'm running. BUt I'm more concerned about conquering the distance. Once I have that under my belt, I plan to work on my speed.

I did W4D2 today too!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    W4D2 my pace is between 12.15 min mile and 13.5 min mile, including warm up and cool down.