Egg White powder

Options
2012loseit
2012loseit Posts: 37 Member
Hey does anyone know a good place to get pure egg white powder. i've got it before from a sport fitness shop but they no longer stock it and i don't like the idea of buying it off ebay... So if anyone knows of a supplier it would be greatly appreciated... Thanks and i'm always looking for friends to share out losses and gains along this weight loss journey

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
  • 2012loseit
    Options
    cool thanks
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've never used the powder but I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Woolies in the egg section. They also sell liquid egg whites as well which I purchase. In fact I purchased some today :)
  • 2012loseit
    Options
    i have found it at one of the health food shops.
    i have never seen it at woolies and i also use the liquid egg white for cooking some things but others have to use fresh. i use the powder in smoothies as using fresh egg whites or the egg white liquid it ends up to frothy. I don't like the premade protein shakes as they are to milky tasting for me...
  • NarneyK
    Options
    Yesterday while I was at Woolies, I made sure to check. It was there in the egg section.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I saw it at Woolies for the first time on Friday! They have powdered egg whites in the egg section as well as cartons of plain egg whites as well as egg white comlette mix with spinach and cheese! Very excited.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just made a ham, zucchini, mushroom and spinach filo pie with the spinach and feta "egg white omelette mix". I'll let you know how it goes!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I love the liquid egg whites and have tried the feta and spinach and egg scramble mixes and like both. Haven't yet tried the powdered stuff but will check it out and report back if I do
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand the powder! I bought the spinach and feta whites the other day and liked it but they were a little watery so husband didn't like them. :grumble:
  • NarneyK
    Options
    On the flavored ones, are they still white in color? I always have to add a couple of regular eggs to the egg whites just for color (silly I know!). It just weirds me out for some reason.

Alatariel75 that pie sounds amazing. Did you take a pic by chance?
  • 2012loseit
    Options
    if a recipe has 3 whole eggs i use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites in cooking, but i use the egg white powder to boost the protein in recipes and home made protein shakes....
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yeah I saw it in woollies yesterday too