TMI, but I could use some advice...

Options
So we did Annie last night. Since I got past a certain point in my weight loss (and I still have a LOT more to lose), any time I do a lot of sit ups at once I end up rubbing a spot on my butt raw. Like, RAW. It's just below my tailbone and holy CRAP does it hurt. I have no idea what to do about it; I LIKE doing sit ups, but it takes a couple weeks for the dang spot to heal and it's really uncomfortable for a good week. Am I a freak of nature or does this happen to other people? How do I stop it from happening again?

I cannot believe I'm posting this on a forum. :embarassed:

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people refer to the sit up *kitten* rash, but I've never had one! Are you doing them on a mat with an ab mat to support your back?
  • georgie304
    Options
    Baby powder or corn starch your *kitten* before you go.

Warning though... It will make you look like you are farting chalk everytime you move.

I also have the baby powder srapy deoderant... I spray said area and I no longer get raw... Actual powder works best, but looks interesting. If you are not weird about the appearance of chalk farts... Powder it up girl.

I got to a point where I told everyone that I powdered the Twin Peaks and Grand Canyon. :happy:

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. :wink:
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people refer to the sit up *kitten* rash, but I've never had one! Are you doing them on a mat with an ab mat to support your back?

Yep, ab-mat situps, on top of a yoga mat. :/
  • happyheathen927
    Options

Warning though... It will make you look like you are farting chalk everytime you move.

I also have the baby powder srapy deoderant... I spray said area and I no longer get raw... Actual powder works best, but looks interesting. If you are not weird about the appearance of chalk farts... Powder it up girl.

I got to a point where I told everyone that I powdered the Twin Peaks and Grand Canyon. :happy:

Best. Post. Ever. I have no issues with chalk farts if it will stop this horrifying butt pain. That may be the weirdest sentence I've ever typed in my life.
  • georgie304
    Options

Best. Post. Ever. I have no issues with chalk farts if it will stop this horrifying butt pain. That may be the weirdest sentence I've ever typed in my life.

<takesbow>

LOL... I am a girl who does not believe in the term TMI. I throw it all out there.

Last night the coach said how the 10# plates are so limp... I said limp like a granny's boobies.... The gym burst out in laughter followed with WHAT?! I said... Hey, I can say that cuz I AM a granny.... Which got a whole lot more laughs... followed by some...ugh..TMIs!
  • happyheathen927
    Options
    Um..we're the same age. You are NOT ALLOWED to be a granny. That is all.
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options

^^^^ This. I can attest to the chalk farts, but who the heck cares? I would look for something that is specific for moisture and rashes. I use this one, and I love it.

drugstore.com/zeasorb-super-absorbent-powder/qxp10841
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering if I'm doing them wrong since I DON'T get *kitten* rash!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me once but ever since I started using a yoga mat it has not been an issue. The floor at my gym is molded rubber with grooves which may have contributed to the issue.

But yeah, it sucks.
  • georgie304
    Options
    Um..we're the same age. You are NOT ALLOWED to be a granny. That is all.

Being a grandma is the best revenge! Bwahahahaha!

Rosie (granddaughter) was misbehaving and grandpa went to reprimand her... I said...why are you disciplining her? You are grandpa! Give her a Kitkat and tell her good job. My daughter was so pissed...so he kept giving her more and more Kitkats.

Ahhh.
  • georgie304
    Options

^^^^ This. I can attest to the chalk farts, but who the heck cares? I would look for something that is specific for moisture and rashes. I use this one, and I love it.

drugstore.com/zeasorb-super-absorbent-powder/qxp10841
    And white *kitten* angels. Woot!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hello, my freaky darlings. :P

I've not had that problem, but it sounds like it was addressed already. I love that so many people in this community are so free with their words and experiences--both here in the CF forums and in my CF box.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hello, my freaky darlings. :P

I've not had that problem, but it sounds like it was addressed already. I love that so many people in this community are so free with their words and experiences--both here in the CF forums and in my CF box.

Agree!! It's nice to know that the day I piss myself attempting a squat PR, I won't have to hold back.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Can't forget the inevitable leakage during double unders. Nobody escapes that !
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yep happens when your Box has a rubber mat floor. Use an abmat or a yoga/gym mat. Even a folded towel will help.

...oooooor you could just CHALK DAT *kitten*! :huh:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Can't forget the inevitable leakage during double unders. Nobody escapes that !

Men have the good fortune to have a prostate... so never pissed myself. But the squat farts... oh yes... the squat farts.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep, I get Crossfit Butt Rash every time we more than a few situps. The shower after brings tears to my eyes.

I just started using Glide on my bum. It's made for runners to prevent friction/chaffing (i.e. bloody nipples, chub rub thigh rash). It looks like a stick deodorant. Works wonders! :love:

The first time I did Annie was the day before my colonscopy (since we have already entered TMI land). I felt like I had to explain to the doc why I had a huge, bloody rash on my bum. I'm not sure he bought my explanation. :blushing: :blushing:
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    But the squat farts... oh yes... the squat farts.

See......I get the sit up farts. So. Much. Pressure. And then there's the way the legs are placed during.....

Well, "TMI" is listed on the Topic....guess if you didn't want to know...you shouldn't have entered. :wink: :wink:
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    and even more TMI and I am not sure if I am alone in this, but the handstand kip queefs. Kid you not. Doesn't happen all of the time but there are just some days where it is like every single damn HSPU. For those of you working your way up to them, prepare yourselves!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    and even more TMI and I am not sure if I am alone in this, but the handstand kip queefs. Kid you not. Doesn't happen all of the time but there are just some days where it is like every single damn HSPU. For those of you working your way up to them, prepare yourselves!

Day. Made.