Workouts

Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
What is everyone doing right now for their workouts?

I am on week 2 of T25. It is hard and I have to use the modifier for some moves but wow what a workout! I have already improved from week 1. Looking forward to the next 8 weeks of the program!

Replies

• jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    I have been walking/jogging and it feels great. I'm looking forward to this next week because here in Minnesota it's suppose to be really nice (70's) so that is great walking/jogging weather.
  • crwatson90
    crwatson90 Posts: 2 Member
    I go to group fitness classes at my school's campus Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because those are the only days that work with my class/work schedule. I take 2 spinning (Mon and Wed) and one BodyPump (Tues) class. I try to stay active on the other days whether it is just getting to the gym to go on the elliptical for 45 minutes or so or walking a few miles. Starting CrossFit soon, should be interesting!!!
  • Well, this is a little embarrassing... I don't have a workout/fitness plan right currently.

But I am planning on getting up early during the week to walk the dog before my husband gets up to go to work. Then I will probably use a fitness DVD 3 times a week. I've gotten several videos over the years and I'm thinking of using one for this challenge--probably start with the beginner yoga one.
  • MelonGG
    MelonGG Posts: 22 Member
    I kick box 3 to 4 times a week and try to walk at least every day on my lunch hours, I don't know what it is about walking but it really seems to work for me in the long run, or at least it did in the past before baby number two! :smile:
  • hoshaugh73
    hoshaugh73 Posts: 255 Member
    I commute to work by bike everyday, it's a great way to burn 600+ calories each day. Drving takes the same amount of time, plus I get my workout in. I arrive at work mentally and phyically ready to go! I also walk at lunchtime a couple times a week, and then I run a couple times a week.
  • I do weight training on Monday and Wednesday and Spin Class on Tuesday and Thursday. This week I also did a Yoga class on Wednesday. And since I am feeling extra motivation, I think I will weight train again tomorrow.
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    I just finished week 7 of C25K! I've never finished anything like this before, so who knows what I'll do next.
    I have the Turbo Jam DVD's, Rockin' Body, and pretty much every Jillian Michaels DVD. I try to keep it fresh :)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    I weight train 2x a week with a trainer and try to get in 2 cardio workouts on my own. Its working well for me :smile:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    I have been doing a cross training regime.

Today is going to be just a skating day since I did a tough hour group class this morning and will be heading to the rink again in about an hour to work by myself and then with my partner.
  • Fuelingmybody
    Fuelingmybody Posts: 12 Member
    I do a lot of different workouts currently.. I like to mix it up and not stick to a schedule per se.

I also tend to workout about 75 mins or so a day.
  • aatlchavens
    aatlchavens Posts: 44 Member
    ChaLean Extreme! Oh, and I run two or three days a week too.
  • I do Pilates twice a week, plus another group class once a week. I also walk to and from work almost everyday. BUT I know for a fact that I NEED to start taking weight training seriously. WIthout doing that and some regular cardio I will not get the results of being toned and sleek with a round booty that I want. I'm going to start by creating a schedule for myself for next week for training. Example: Monday: arms, abs Tuesday: pilates Wednesday: abs, butt Thursday: legs Friday: Pilates Saturday: cardio, arms Sunday: off. Wish me luck!!!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    I work out 5-6 days a week from 25 to 45 minutes. I have been doing Hip Hop Abs for over the last month. I am getting ready to start Slim in 6 or P90X. Not sure which. Otherwise, I power walk.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    I do Crossfit 3x a week. Hoping to increase to 4x a week in the next couple weeks. It's a great all over workout. :)
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    I try to get to the gym 5 or 6 days a week, I am hooked on the ARC trainer at the gym, usually doing about 30-40 minutes each time. I am looking to add some strength training now.
  • So, it seems that I am not he only one trying to figure out how much to eat when you burn a lot of calories via workouts.
    I know I have been running for a couple years now with almost no scale movement (which is why brought me here because I blame no nutrition accountability). Before coming here and the first couple weeks here, I never ate back exercise cals and ate about 1200 a day. After several days or weeks of no loss, I get frustrated and quit and then start all over again. (I never stop running though, I love running)
    On Tuesday of this week, I decided to start to eat back about half of my exercise calories. I am hoping this is the solution to keeping me motivated and start the scale moving. It was after doing research on MFP and elsewhere that I decided to try this approach.

What do you all do - eat back exercise cals? Some? All?

My diary is open to friends if that helps. You'll see the change between Monday and the rest of the week.

Thanks - Jen
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Currently am using my stationary bike 5-6 days a wk, which also has 10 levels of resistance. I can only get up to level 7 right now though. The bike also has personal trainer programs included. I do the bike for 60-80 min per workout. I also walk to drop off and/or pick up my son from school which is a 20 min walk each time. I will include toning exercising in the coming wks especially for my mommy tummy. 3 c sections has left me with some loose skin there.
  • I have been doing Shawn T's Rockin body...its alot of fun, i look forward to it
  • I also have hip hop abs
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    I do Pilates twice a week, plus another group class once a week. I also walk to and from work almost everyday. BUT I know for a fact that I NEED to start taking weight training seriously. WIthout doing that and some regular cardio I will not get the results of being toned and sleek with a round booty that I want. I'm going to start by creating a schedule for myself for next week for training. Example: Monday: arms, abs Tuesday: pilates Wednesday: abs, butt Thursday: legs Friday: Pilates Saturday: cardio, arms Sunday: off. Wish me luck!!!

I started doing the "You are your own Gym" app workouts. If you have a smartphone it is available for android and iphone. It is a good starting point. I used to be a drill instructor at a prison bootcamp. I used to do 500 lunges and 200 pushups a morning with those guys. I have been in an office job a few years now and did the lower body workout from that app...boy, did my rear feel those 60 lunges!
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    I'm doing the 30 day shred.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    So, it seems that I am not he only one trying to figure out how much to eat when you burn a lot of calories via workouts.
    I know I have been running for a couple years now with almost no scale movement (which is why brought me here because I blame no nutrition accountability). Before coming here and the first couple weeks here, I never ate back exercise cals and ate about 1200 a day. After several days or weeks of no loss, I get frustrated and quit and then start all over again. (I never stop running though, I love running)
    On Tuesday of this week, I decided to start to eat back about half of my exercise calories. I am hoping this is the solution to keeping me motivated and start the scale moving. It was after doing research on MFP and elsewhere that I decided to try this approach.

What do you all do - eat back exercise cals? Some? All?

My diary is open to friends if that helps. You'll see the change between Monday and the rest of the week.

Thanks - Jen

I use the TDEE-x% method. This way you eat the same amount every day and do not log exercise. When you plug your numbers in to the equation you account for your activity level. This way you only have to worry about acurate food calories, not accurate food and exercise calories.
  • Thank you to everyone who replied here and PM. There are obviously plenty of people at MFP who have had success eating to account for the exercise. Since I am not willing to give up my runs because the alternative is a straight jacket and a padded room, I will be eating more!
    Starting today I am going to eat more, try and have as few alcoholic beverages as possible and give it a decent amount of time to start showing movement on the scale before I freak out and cut back eating again. (Please feel free to remind me of this pledge if you read my diary and I am not doing this. I have no problem with getting a good kick in the *kitten*.)

Thanks again!
    -Jen
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    I'm going to be doing couch 25k and Insanity... I'm starting week 3 month one of insanity... anybody else doing insanity??
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Going to be doing a hybrid of Brazilian Butt lift (BBL) and Turbo Jam/Fire (TJ/TF). 30 Day Shred (30 DS) on days that BBL calendar calls for sculpt routine. and Yoga and/or Zumba on my rest day(s). Good luck everyone!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    I started jogging at the beginning of the month and have become rather addicted. I tend to get out for a jog 3-4x a week and want to get back into doing some kettlebell at least 2x a week for strength. I walk just about everyday at lunch as well. :)
  • tdorton
    tdorton Posts: 22 Member
    I go to Curves. There are a great group of ladies where I go, love them to pieces.
  • mentalmunchie
    mentalmunchie Posts: 24 Member
    I run 3-4 times a week and lift weights. I used to do Insanity but now I live in a 3rd floor apartment so I don't think my neighbors would appreciate me jumping around and making a ton of noise all the time. I did C25K a couple of years ago and completed Bridge to 10k this summer. I'm hoping that by next year at this time I can run a half marathon.
  • jeslynn24
    jeslynn24 Posts: 70 Member
    Hi y'all! Well I started my workout this week. Cardio 5xs a week and weight training 3xs a week is what the dr ordered. For cardio I'm doing Zumba and the elliptical.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    I have just started a new fall routine as follows:

run - 3 times a week
    TRX suspension weight training - 3 times a week
    hot yoga - 2 times a week

Karen