Lowest calorie brands available in Australia

Options
zenalasca
zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
I have learned recently that calories can be highly variable among foods, and that one meat pie might be 100+ calories less than another. Here is a short list of the lowest calorie staples:

Bread (two slices, sandwich style)
Aldi White sandwich = 120
Budget wholegrain = 122

Sandwich thins
Aldi multigrain sandwich thins = 100

Chocolate (25 g)
Doablo sugar free dark = 70

Soups (per container)
Aldi Fresh approach pumpkin soup = 81

Butter (5g)
Western star butter = 31

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Slimpasta/rice 100g
    11cals

changs low cal noodles 100g
    11 cals

quorn meat free so freee mince 75g
    70cal

quorn southern style burgers 1 each
    80 cal
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :( no aldi in wa yet!
  • Joemka
    Joemka Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh poor WA...aldi rocks
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome, thank you guys!

Babybel Mini Cheese light - 50 calories for one ball
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the chobani greek yoghurt. I use the no-fat natural stuff because I already eat plenty of fattening cheese and just want the extra protein. 100g has 10g of protein and about 250kj(60cals). 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt, an egg, 1/3 cup self raising flour, maybe some frozen blueberries, bam you've got a pancake! I was so excited when I found this stuff because I'm too lazy to buy protein powder and honestly, 200g of yoghurt is about the same protein and kj.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Slimpasta/rice 100g
    11cals

changs low cal noodles 100g
    11 cals

How are these noodles? I have tried the pasta and can be a bit too rubbery
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I nearly vomitted trying to eat slim pasta, the texture is so wrong. I'd rather be fat lol.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Slim Pasta is rubber :( pretty gross if you ask me.
  • manda1978
    Options
    It is like chewy rubber *vomit*

I love chobani yoghurt, its the bomb. Aldi had Fage yoghurt for a short period, man I wish we could get that all the time it is so awesome.

I make a low cal dip with chobani & salt reduced French onion soup mix. Use vegies to dip in.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    I see slim pasta is doing "rice" now... is it any better than the pasta? Anyone tried it? I saw it at Coles today.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    haha that pasta is made from Japanese konnyaku right? I love konnyaku... haven't had the noodles before though. Konyaku that is real hand made locally grown from the countryside in Japan is the best :flowerforyou:

Why don't you try having meat sauce on top of lots of green veggies? You can have pasta once in a while, there is a balance needed I think :smile:
  • candiceh3
    Options
    I quite like using zucchini in place of pasta - anyone else tried that? It's low cal and low carb :). But at least it's edible lol.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Also heard that shredded brocoli works as well. Apparently in the US you can get it ready made.
  • manda1978
    Options
    Yeah I usually have Bolognese sauce on steamed veg, its pretty nice. Zucchini, broc and mushies are my fav. My friend has it on cabbage so you get that 'spaghetti' type strands.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Oh yeah, I eat a lot of cabbage in place of carbs. Strangely enough it is one veggie I really like.