new to the group

Options
deedee710
deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
So glad I found this group!!! Tomorrow will be a year without my monthly "friend" lol. In the last 3 years I've had five visits. I've been waiting and counting the days!!!

Weight loss has been a struggle the past few years. Currently I'm on a journey to lose about 50 pounds, 5 pounds at a time. I'm diabetic have high cholesterol and now am menopausal...3 strikes and you're out right? ;)

I'm trying to follow a healthy eating plan and not focus too much on the scale, I figure weight loss will be a bonus from my healthy eating and exercise. I will admit it's slooooow going, though.

I look forward to meeting some of you and reading more posts.

Dee

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm so jealous of your almost year!

Mine is still all over the board. Most of last year it was every 60 to 80 days. These days it's every 14. Every time hubs blinks it's "that time again"!

We're a great and supportive group!

Look forward to chatting with you more!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm in my longest stretch now, nothing in 8 months and I'm hoping this is it.
    I am at goal weight, so it can be done!
    :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be jealous of women who aren't getting a period...but I am.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am too!!!! (jealous that is) :bigsmile:
    Just went 4+ months with no menses at all, now spent 4 days spotting and (so far) 2 days bleeding. Boo! I'd like to be done with it completely. Guess this is the "new normal" for now. My mom and grandmother were both 53 and I'm going to be 52 in November so think it will be a "rollercoaster" for a bit longer (dang!). Glad to have this group to learn from!

P.S.
    thanks to whoever previously posted about Estroven. I had my first hot flashes last month but once I took this (generic) it hasn't been an issue again. Now for the sleep issue, am trying various natural remedies with nothing working YET! Any insight on this issue would be appreicated :wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:
    I sometimes find falling into bed drop-dead tired at the end of the day helps me to sleep.
    Other days, not so much.
    Don't have all the answers, but definitely have empathy :tongue:
  • samedame
    Options
    Hi I am also new to the group. I am getting serious about trying to lose weight. I moved to a new state this past winter, and I gained a ton of weight in the past few months, without a real change in the way I eat. I am thinking it is a combo of STRESS and getting near to MENOPAUSE but I don't want it to get the better of me.
    Welcome to you Dee, and to me, too! Hi everyone, I just finished my first day, there is a long road ahead, I really could use the fellowship.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Hi I am also new to the group. I am getting serious about trying to lose weight. I moved to a new state this past winter, and I gained a ton of weight in the past few months, without a real change in the way I eat. I am thinking it is a combo of STRESS and getting near to MENOPAUSE but I don't want it to get the better of me.
    Welcome to you Dee, and to me, too! Hi everyone, I just finished my first day, there is a long road ahead, I really could use the fellowship.

Hello and welcome! :smile:
  • Jonesy3424
    Jonesy3424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dee. I am Christi. I'm new today, and so glad I found this group. I was on a medication for a few years that helped me gain a "few" pounds. In addition, I"ve been postmenopausal since 2009, and I stopped smoking two years ago. Needless to say I'm much bigger than I like and living in this body is very uncomfortable. I also have to learn portion control. So far I've been keeping track of what I eat for a month now while walking up to 4 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week all summer with my golden Jonesy. I've lost 10 pounds, but I'm much firmer. I'd love to lose 90 more pounds.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Welcome, Dee. I am Christi. I'm new today, and so glad I found this group. I was on a medication for a few years that helped me gain a "few" pounds. In addition, I"ve been postmenopausal since 2009, and I stopped smoking two years ago. Needless to say I'm much bigger than I like and living in this body is very uncomfortable. I also have to learn portion control. So far I've been keeping track of what I eat for a month now while walking up to 4 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week all summer with my golden Jonesy. I've lost 10 pounds, but I'm much firmer. I'd love to lose 90 more pounds.

Hello Jonesy and welcome :smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group also, but not new to MFP. Lost about 70 in my 1st year, and held steady until about a year ago. Holy menopause...20-25 lbs gained. Going to scour the feed tomorrow for as much info as I can. Hope to get to know you all.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm new to the group also, but not new to MFP. Lost about 70 in my 1st year, and held steady until about a year ago. Holy menopause...20-25 lbs gained. Going to scour the feed tomorrow for as much info as I can. Hope to get to know you all.

Hello and welcome!
    I think you will find the ladies very empathetic and supportive :smile: