After then 21DSD.... What then?

Options
Am on day 11 / level 3 and feeling pretty good on it. Diet was already primarily paleo but lots of fruit and dairy had been sneaking in over the berry-tastic summer months ....

Just wondering about 'consolidation' phase after this detox.. It's not talked about in the programme. What have other people done to carry on the good effects of the detox? Or do you tend to revert to whatever your norm is and then repeat the 21 days a couple of times a year?

I'd appreciate any insights or advice. TIA

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I am on a long term whole 30 for Auto Immune issues.I have finished 30 days earlier this week but I plan on going on for a long time to come as it's going to take longer than 30 days to fix my health issues.
    I can say that from a sugar addicts perspective(that would be me),once I added back in dairy before it led to sugar binges,when I eat high carb,it causes me to binge again.
    I work best with lower carbs(I still eat sweet potatoes once or twice a week,butternut squash,beets),higher fat and moderate protein..this is me.
    I suppose you have to figure out what you want from your detox.I like when I get past the hold sugar has on me and want to hold on to that feeling as long as possible as I know how good it is for me and my general health.
    I think lots of people do detoxes so many times per year to get themselves back on track.
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've never personally been on the 21DSD but I know what it is and I understand the concept. Thankfully when I started paleo I was able to just cut the foods out that I needed to and I was fine.

I would say that once you're done your 21DSD then you should have quite a bit of knowledge of what you should from should not be eating and I don't think there would be any harm at all in continuing on that path as long as you're satisfied with the food you are having. If there's a particular food item that you miss that won't undo all of your work then I don't see why you couldn't add it in slowly just to make sure it does not affect you negatively.

Try experimenting and see if you can extend your 21DSD for another week, and then another week after that and if you can hack it, just keep at it. :)

Hope this helps!!
  • RGroenland
    RGroenland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too was wondering how to tackle the dreaded day 22... I think I will try to do my best eliminating sugar from my own food prep. And not worry about it when we eat out (which is not too often). And try to truely declare a 'special occassion' and when it is worth the treat.
    So hard to do. I will likely try another detox in January after the Christmas season.