It begins 9-16-13...who's with me????

Options
So I received the program and am ready to get started. I will be doing the jump start for this first week then deciding if I will keep up with extra cardio or just go to the dvd each day. Would love some people do complete this with or just friends on here to help support each other as we complete our 90-Day journey.

MFP: labgeekj80
IG: jbosick80

Replies

• melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am starting as well tomorrow and since I had a DS malabsorptive type gastric bypass over 10 years ago which requires me to eat high protien high fat and low carbs, I guestimated 3000 calories to get the amount of grams of protein, fats and carbs I need for my body. I am 5' 8" tall and now weigh 230 down from 400. BUT, this is just me due to my type of gastric bypass which is the most aggressive one they do on super super morbidly obese individuals.

We will see how my weight loss goes :)
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I started on September 1st, so I'm just ahead of you :) I'll add you girls as friends, and I can let you know what's to come every 2 weeks haha
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started on September 1st
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow 9/16 folks!

I've already done 2 rounds of JMBR earlier this year (both times when already at maintenance/goal weight) and got in the best shape of my life. I'm also a huge fan of Jillian. I tried a different workout system (Focus T25) for the past couple of months, and while it's challenging, it just isn't as well-balanced as Jillian's workouts. My cardio fitness improved tremendously, but I've lost some muscle definition and strength, which I miss.

I'm really looking forward to starting another round of BR this coming Monday (9/16), using the cardio workouts from T25 on cardio days. That way I'll get the best of both. In my experience, JMBR is by far the best DVD workout system/program out there. My profile pic is from after completing Phase 1 my first time around. I'd like to get that definition back. You will *love* this program!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow 3 times in one year- you're amazing! This is my first time doing Body Revolution, but when I did 30 days of the 30 Day Shred, I was really impressed with the changes in my body, so I can't wait to see what 90 days will do :-D
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i started Thursday but would love to follow along with you all!!
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    14 days of Body Revolution.
  • rceleste40
    rceleste40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Starting 9-16-13 too!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I am in! I actually have three more weeks of T25 beta left, but I want to double it up with JMBR because I miss Jillian, and I miss the bigger calorie burn more workouts gives me!
    So probably T25 in the am and Jillian in the pm...or vice versa. Staying with t25 only, on cardio days, so only being a hero 4 days a week lol....

I also have done a round of JMBR before, and you will love the slender definition she gives you!
  • AllergicToExercise
    Options
    I've started this today. 3 months seems like a hell of a stretch so I plan to think only day by day. If anyone wants to add me I'm happy to share the pain! Good luck all.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 of JMBR and cannot believe the strength and definition I have gained so far. My measurements at the end of Phase 1 were down by 8 inches and weight only down 2 lbs., so don't forget to get that tape measure out. I saw my hairdresser this past Saturday and it had been 7 weeks since last time I saw her. The first thing she said was,"You are looking really good, very trim. What have you been doing?"

I cannot express how good it feels to be half way. However, I think the time has gone by rather quickly. Stick to it no matter how hard some of the moves are, they get easier the more you practice and the stronger you get.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today starts week 4 Phase 1 for me. So far I lost 5.4 lbs, which probably would have been more but I ate out this weekend before my weigh in and I stalled :O(. Not sure the inches yet or how accurate I was when I took them before I started but some of my pants do seem to be looser. I am not following the diet, just tracking on MVP and netting 1200 calories. The first two weeks are not too bad at all, especially if you have recently done her others. I was sore but I was able to do many of the more advanced options she gives.

Good luck with those starting out. It took me a day or so to get used the cueing compared to her other DVDs but I like her format and that she is having a good time with her group.
  • ThineOwnselfBTrue
    Options
    I ordered the DVD's in June and did phase 1 video 1 a couple times but have decided I need to do something to get this weight loss moving. Plus, I can't just lose weight and have flappy skin every where...I want to look good in a swim suit too :) SO I have made a spreadsheet, and committed myself to working out every night! So far so good! :) I started 09.10.13. My muscles are sore, but already I've seen some changes in my arms. I'm glad I found a group which is also committed to Jillian Michaels...

I have a funny story. I was doing the cardio dvd and I typically work out after my kids are in bed, but I didn't get my workout in Friday so I did it first thing Saturday morning. My 17 month old kept trying to tackle me during the suicides...it's hard to run and laugh! :laugh:
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I focus on the phases and not the full 90 days. It does not seem too long then.
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I believe I started on 9/13/13 and have been doing JMBR daily, I totally enjoy her work outs!!! I also do livefitrevolution.org phase 1 kettle bell hour work out, sometimes a biggest loser weight loss yoga or zumba (like tonight) I am also in a group where we do a intense calisthenic work out for about 15 minutes which are killer, today was 100 various types of burpees, (they are my most difficult exercise) it took me 45 minutes lol, but hey I did them. fitnessblender.com

I am in the Biggest Loser Competition Season 5 with a great group of supportive people that really keeps me committed with mini challenges and daily challenges. We also use dailychallenge.com and everymove.org both are very encouraging sites. We are in our second week of our 8 week challenge. If this sounds interesting to you... check it out but the next season will start in about 6 weeks :)
    I am they type of person that needs competition, support, recognition, and accountability. This group has done this for me.

Happy Friday everyone