Lunch ideas please?

Options
SixFourTwo
SixFourTwo Posts: 31 Member
Veggie No Carb diet - its working bloody wonders for me and I am totally committed to this as the best weight loss approach for my body.

I could use some help though please cause I work full time and have to kids the rest of the time - so time is my problem!
Any suggestions for quick and easy lunches gratefully received - I don't have preparation facilities at work beyond a fridge and a microwave!

I can cook a bit at home but Im keen to keep it to a minimum, as I just don't have enough time to cook dinner and lunch when Im home!

Replies

• Cyprodite
    Cyprodite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How the heck do you eat no carb as a vegetarian? I'm struggling to stay under 20g per day without compromising my nutritional intake too much.
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fresh spinach with high fat dressing (Caesar or Ranch) and feta cheese. Yum!

Boiled eggs with sea salt, full fat mayo (and maybe cream cheese?) spread on slices of cucumber. So good!

Stir fried extra firm tofu with peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives, shelled edamame, various spices and soya sauce is fantastic next day cold (and just as great first day warm). This is high in veggie carbs, but if you are taking care in you other meals you're golden.

At home I've also done creamed spinach with whipping cream, butter, and cheese (two or three types if you can). This reheats nicely.

Lettuce wraps with tofu turkey slices, full fat mayo or other dressing and cheese. (On my list to make, but sounds like a winner)

When in doubt bullet proof coffee for breakfast with snacks or cheese strings/babybel or celery and cream cheese, and a couple cups of veggie broth (better than bouillon=awesome) can often carry me to dinner. Could also throw in a low carb protein shake in there to up your numbers. Isoflex makes one that's decent with 27g of protein to 1g carbs.

Still developing my options as I go. May have more ideas for you later.

Good luck!
  • Jen_o
    Jen_o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas posted. Thanks!!!
    Here are some of my favorites:

I like making veggie wraps out of veggie turkey slices, cheese, and pickles.

I have chickens in my backyard, so eggs is always a staple.

A salad of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, shredded cheese, and hard-boiled egg with blue cheese, ranch, or zesty Italian dressing is a favorite lunch for me.

Half an avocado, 1 tbsp of cream cheese, and a bit of hot sauce for spice makes a great dip I like to pair with sliced cucumbers.

Brussel Sprouts, broccoli, or even asparagus in a cream sauce (mainly butter and melted cheese with a bit of heavy cream) can be good.

Veggie pizza (made with a cauliflower crust) is even doable.
  • jmateer
    jmateer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Could you do a protein shake at work? I often do a shake just because I find I get too busy to have a real lunch, but want to avoid tummy rumbles when I'm delivering a lecture.
  • Christieb06
    Christieb06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can you mini meal prep? I love making portobello mushroom caps with cheese and diced jalapeños. Just bake them at 350 until the cheese gets golden brown. This keeps well in the fridge and is AMAZING over a big salad of romaine & butter lettuce with light champagne dressing. Low carb and suuuuuuper filling