Craving Carbs

Started a low carb (20-30 a day)diet a week ago. What can I do to fight off the craving for carbs? Don't want to give in to them as my blood sugar readings have greatly improved and have been able to cut a lot of my insulin out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    I, too, am below 30 grams of carbs per day, but that has to be accompanied by high fat, as fat does not raise your blood sugar.

Lately, I've been drinking a wonderful chamomile tea with a tablespoon of heavy cream and a tablespoon of coconut oil, sweetened with liquid stevia. It's positively delicious, both calming and energy giving. I've been drinking this between meals and it has helped a great deal.
  • Taem2
    Taem2 Posts: 47 Member
    bump
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Great suggestion from Gentyl! It's imperative that a low-carb diet also be higher in fat if you're to have any chance of staying with it long term. Fat is very satisfying and just plain feels decadent.

What type of carbs are you craving? I've found subs for many that are every bit as satisfying - even more satisfying when I realize my mouth, brain AND blood sugar levels are all happy!