Introductions and Your Goals

Options
new2canada
new2canada Posts: 119 Member
Hi everyone.

I really want to start eating more healthier and small portions, I tend to have a fear of not being full so I want to get into a better habit of eating less and knowing that I really am full. I also want to start exercising daily as this really helps me feel better about myself too.

I have lost over 15 lbs in the past (which I sadly gained back) but I know it's possible to do it again. It all comes down to what you eat and how much you exercise.

My current weight is 123 lbs and by the end of this challenge I hope to be 118 lbs.

Thanks and I can't wait to start with you all! :)

Replies

• flybirdee
    flybirdee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Langley BC. I too have lost weight and put it back on. Starting small is a great idea. I'm trying really hard to say, "I can do this" this time around. It's all about positive thinking.

My start weight for this is 224.2 and I can lose 5 pounds by the end of October. 219. :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from philippines.

My goal is to lose 5 pounds to get down to 125 pounds.

My current weight is 131 pounds.

My starting weight was 141 pounds.

Being a 4'11 petite really is hard to lose the excess weight. Its like when u gain 2 pounds its like u look like u gained five pounds already.. LOL

But anyway

Hopefully with 1200 calories a day 80%diet 20%exercise I will lose the last few pounds. That will make me really happy. :D
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi , my name is Paula and I have been on MFP a long time lol x up and downs and now given myself a good talking too and ready to be accountable x starting at 202.5 .
  • bgang2005
    bgang2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am a yo-yo and need to get going on the down of the yoyo...Was at 150 a year ago and let it creep up again.. So back to the drawing board. This weekly accountability will help. Will post on 1 OCT 13 again. Just put it in my reminders!

CW 160
    GW by the end of OCT 155

Frustrated but determined. bgang2005
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Suzanne. I used to always be the "skinny kid" in the group, but things have changed recently and I'd like to change them again.

My current weight is 162 and I would love to be at 157 by the end of this challenge!

My ultimate goal weight is 135 lbs. I'm 5'7". :)
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! I maintained my weight for a few years and I enjoy exercising. I run, do step, Pilates, and some weights. It is getting harder to control my weight into my 40s. I am currently 126, way too heavy for my build and height. I want to get back down to 112 so I can wear all of my cute outfits again! :smile:
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I love that this is a manageable 5lbs challenge - Hurray New to Canada!

We can do this, with lots of good choices ahead.

I have been on a weight loss journey for about one year. I have stayed at 150 since about March, but my ultimate goal is 145 - but these last 5 pounds have been most difficult to drop.

I'm interested in varying my routine for a different result, so I'm going to explore some new ideas (for example, switching to tea, instead of coffee in the morning, to drop cream, and increasing my weight resistance etc)

Good luck everyone.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 9 of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer. My ultimate goal is to go from 17% body fat (current BF) to 14% BF. I would like to lose a few more pounds of fat and gain more muscle! I would love to be anywhere in the 130-135 range.
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just want to start losing weight since I haven't logged onto MFP in a couple of months. 5 pounds by the end of October would be nice.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kristen. I lost 45 pounds from Oct. 2010- August 2012, then let myself go over the winter and gained 15 back. I managed to get 7 off, 5 more to go to get to 147 again. I know MFP works, I just wish I could keep up the good habits so I didn't have to keep going back to it!

My goal is 147 by October 21st (My BF's Sister's wedding). That's a bit over 5lbs. It's lofty though since it's my last 6...Maybe with support here I'll hit my goal (Again)!

My goal is to fit into all the new clothes I bought myself last fall than I can't wear any more! :sad:
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 weeks post-surgery (I had cancer) and trying to get in shape. I'm currently 197 and would love to be 190 by the end of October.
  • ceelg
    ceelg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Christie and I'm so happy to find this group. I've been struggling with my weight my entire life and I've been lingering on this website for more than a year. I say lingering because I've logged in, recorded food, encouraged others, but have not really consistently committed myself. So I'm mixing it up and trying a group - can't hurt!

Never publicly posted my weight, but here goes...

Current weights - 248. Losing 5 by the end of October would put me at 243. But hopefully I'll blow far past that in the next 6 weeks!
  • jjeanne7
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for starting this goal weight of losing 5 lbs, I think small challenges are great!
    I hope with the encouragement that we all can do it!
    I do walking with my fitbit keeping track and starting to do some exercises
    My starting weight is 168.4 today, goal wt would be 158.4 , my long term goal is 150, I
    will see what I look like and feel when that day comes to see if I need more wt loss, I
    think I will need to! :-))
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in Cheshire England, I'm 42 and have been a yo yo dieter for most of my life.This time I want it to be for keeps. I'm 5ft 7, weigh currently 209 lbs my goal weight is 154lbs but for this my target is 204 .
  • sweetpea6218
    Options
    I'm really excited about this group with a small attainable goal. I am currently at 126, which is down from my starting weight of 131, but need to lose a little more. My target weight is 115, so if I can do this challenge with all of you I will have a good portion of the weight off :)
  • ginamariegarchar
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I would like to lose 5 lbs by the end of October and hopefully this will motivate me to get back on track and start losing again. My current weight is 171.0 and I'm hoping to be 166 or less at the end of this challenge.
    Thanks and good luck to all of you!
  • nrgordon
    nrgordon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nora from Colorado. I think this group is a great idea because losing 5 pounds by the end of October seems like a really do-able goal if I stick to using MFP. I have lost about 10 lbs using MFP before but gained it back. Here's to a few weeks of consistently staying within my calorie goal and exercising! I will try to weigh in with this group once a week to keep myself motivated. Good luck, everyone
  • Savlights
    Savlights Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone -

I was happy when I found this group because it seems like a do-able goal and I know I will enjoy the supportive community. I'm currently living in rural Panama, so it's very hard for me to get to a gym, but I'm trying to run some (when I can stand the heat and avoid the rain) and do in-home body weight exercises to get into the shape I've always wanted to be in. Made a workout plan today though, so here we go!

My goal is to lose 20 lbs - from 150 to 130. Starting with 5 doesn't seem so bad.

Looking forward to being in this with you guys!
  • A_new_Romi
    A_new_Romi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am from Sacramento, CA. I have managed to lose 20 lbs while struggling with hypothyroidism and PCOS but recently hit a plateau! My current weight is 167.5 lbs and my goal is to be 162 lbs by the end of October.

:)

Thanks for creating this group! I honestly needed this. I am started a 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to add me if you would like. :)

Good luck everyone!

-Romi
  • ezconklin
    Options
    I'm Liz from MN. I'm focusing on Paleo, Zumba and some body weight exercises (30 Day Ab Challenge). Several years ago I was successful going from 184 to 138 in 4 months. Now a couple of kids later I'm back at it. Looking forward to having a great group support.