Hello

Options
lonna985
lonna985 Posts: 32 Member
Just want to introduce myself. I have never started a group before so I don't know much about this. But one thing I do know is that I am taking control over my life and my body. I have always looked at the big picture needing to lose about 80lbs. Well yesterday morning I woke up and said no I just need to rid my body of" just one" pound of fat. Once that goal has been met then a new goal of getting rid of" just one" pound of fat. I do this enough times then slowly yes slowly I will be come a health weight and feel so much better. So my first goal is to lose this one pound and to do this I will eat as clean and healthy as I can and get in a walk every day this week. So the walking shoes are on and off I go! Anyone care to join me.

Replies

• JadexRawRx
    Options
    Helloo

Yep i was the same i would always say im going to lose 1stone in 2 months but the truth is its 1 pound a week and that goal is achieved. It makes me soo happy knowing ive lost a pound its like little goals.

We can d it !
  • phyllismuss
    phyllismuss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can definitely sabotage myself when I think of the total pounds which I need to lose. So, one pound at a time, is good enough for me.
  • lonna985
    lonna985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for joining me on this journey. I know that with the help of each other we will be able to do this. I know we will all hit a bump or two along the way. But it is time to take control of my life once again and not let the fat win.
  • SonniBeach
    Options
    Such a great idea, thank you.
  • rowdyruger
    Options
    I like the idea!! It is simple and straight to the point. We all need to take baby steps to get where we are all going. I too, look to far in advance on weight loss. My mind is my worst enemy. I pledge to take the one lb at a time!! I have 100 lbs to lose and have lost 6 in the first week.
  • stephraquino
    Options
    This is something I can relate to. I'm always focused on losing ALL THE WEIGHT, but forget that it starts with just 1 pound.... I'm glad I found this group... Looking forward to losing one pound with you all!!
  • splatt1961
    splatt1961 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am new today and can relate to this too. Always wanted a quick way and finally the penny has dropped that there isn't. I am getting married next year at Chistmas and would like to feel better than I do now. Not used Fitness Pal before and excited as it seems a really good tool. My cholestrol is high and this was another reason to start addressing my eating issues.
  • brendajanealley
    Options
    hi, I have never joined a group before either but thought I should since I joined my fitness pal the end of July. I am someone that needs some kind of structure to weight loss to accomplish it. I love this app and it has really helped me. I have managed to lose at least 1 lb per week since I started. I know that isn't much but I can already tell a difference. I have a lot of lbs to go and find it more difficult now that I am older but now find myself planning healthy meals instead of just grabbing some kind of junk food to satisfy my hunger. I live alone so it is so easy to snack on cookies, ice cream, etc. This is what I am trying hardest to avoid. I have also given up soft drinks. I thought that would be hardest but so far the hardest thing to give up has been ice cream. I satisfy that craving by making a low calorie smoothie. Good luck to each of you and God bless you as you travel the highway to meet your personal goals.
  • crazeeally
    Options
    Hi I'm Ally. I joined on the 13th but just started program yesterday the 15th. I love the one pound at a time idea, especially when you think that one pound is 4 sticks of butter, that's a lot! Please add me if you want to be friends. Have a great Monday everyone and again so happy I found this group!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I had decided to take the summer off from my weight loss to learn how to maintain my new "lighter" weight. I've lost a little over 20 pounds and have about 50 to go. I'll be ready to start losing very soon (is summer really over on Sunday?!) -one pound at a time!
  • resookdeo
    resookdeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to be on this ship. I always get frustrated when i dont see immediate results, but i will be content if i see the scale move at least one pound in a negative direction lol....