Uninspired

Options
Rei1988
Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
Lately I've been feeling so uninspired :( You see,I love to cook, but ever since starting keto I haven't been cooking as much to make things simpler & easier to count. But now I'm in a rut of the same old meals & am just feeling unmotivated. I haven't been meeting my macros the past few days ( carbs been increasing too). I have tons of recipes on Pinterest & don't like BP coffee so idk what else to do. I don't wanna lose my grip over this rough patch. I try to eat whole foods as much as I can so stuffing myself with low-carb processed junk isn't my ideal way to go. What to do? :(

Replies

• Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    look up new receipes, go to farmers markets they usually have stuff that isnt available in the shops

dont be afraid to add spices, i'm just after doing roast chicken covered in piri piri, sirloin steak with peppercorn butter.

I got a bit bored then realised what i cook isnt nearly as boring as what I used to live off, sandwiches/pasta when i was doing low gi diet, that was alot more restrictive!

Veg soup with meat in it, yum yum
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Strangely I am cooking more since doing semi keto. I use much more butter which improves all the savoury dishes, use more herbs, spices, creams and cheeses. Also cooking meat, fish different ways and roasting a few veg. Layering mock lasagnes, chicken surprise with something different stuffed inside. Loving prawn cocktail with lots of lemon mayo topped with grated cheese and surrounded by boiled egg. Bacon sprinkled on lots of things, gosh now looking forward to my steak cooked in butter for tea with well fried onion in a creamy pepper sauce! Like previous reply I was actually in even more of a rut with my high carb staples.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Strangely I am cooking more since doing semi keto. I use much more butter which improves all the savoury dishes, use more herbs, spices, creams and cheeses. Also cooking meat, fish different ways and roasting a few veg. Layering mock lasagnes, chicken surprise with something different stuffed inside. Loving prawn cocktail with lots of lemon mayo topped with grated cheese and surrounded by boiled egg. Bacon sprinkled on lots of things, gosh now looking forward to my steak cooked in butter for tea with well fried onion in a creamy pepper sauce! Like previous reply I was actually in even more of a rut with my high carb staples.
    I'm more in line with this.
    I absolutely LOVE to cook and bake, so I've merely changed my recipe searches and experiments to low carb/keto friendly dishes. My family doesn't complain (or I just make a dish for myself, portion it out, and freeze the portions for quick dinners at a later time.
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it is ok to have ups and downs, it doesn't mean you should disengage at all. Perhaps you just needed more transition time to lower the carbs, and that's what's going on. Maybe let that time happen, and ease back again after a few days. Meanwhile, spend the time collecting new recipe ideas? :smile:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it is ok to have ups and downs, it doesn't mean you should disengage at all. Perhaps you just needed more transition time to lower the carbs, and that's what's going on. Maybe let that time happen, and ease back again after a few days. Meanwhile, spend the time collecting new recipe ideas? :smile:

This! Also OP you mentioned you have some recipes on Pinterest, maybe try some new ones? Or you could go on other keto/low carb blogs that share their fav recipes.
  • Rei1988
    Options

Thank you you're probably right :)
  • Rei1988
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions <3
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love the recipes by Dana Carpender in her Fat Fast Cookbook: http://alturl.com/7hawh. It's only $5 and available on Kindle, or a Kindle app. I also have a few of her paperback cookbooks. All great ideas!
  • Rei1988
    Options
    everyone keeps mentioning it, I suppose I shall get it soon :)
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    it's really not hard to add your home made recipes into the diary.

how I do it is I weigh every ingredient I add put it in that way, of course raw ingredients will cook down so I weigh the entire thing again after it's cooked.

then I fill out the servings by how many ounces it was. So if I eat a six ounce portion of it that's six servings.
  • Rei1988
    Options
    it's really not hard to add your home made recipes into the diary.

how I do it is I weigh every ingredient I add put it in that way, of course raw ingredients will cook down so I weigh the entire thing again after it's cooked.

then I fill out the servings by how many ounces it was. So if I eat a six ounce portion of it that's six servings.

Great idea! I need a food scale first.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yes, I highly recommend that. you can get a good one on amazon for 30 bucks or so.
  • pennyscabin
    pennyscabin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just pondering your comments...and thinking how grateful I am that I enjoy shopping at thrift stores and antique malls. I don't know what I'd do if I actually enjoyed cooking???!!! Maybe you could make some new dishes and share them with those of us who don't enjoy cooking....