The dreaded drunchies/munchies?

Options
Anyone have any tips on how to deal with drunchies/munchies?

I've found that I don't get the munchies that bad, which is nice, but my drunchies are a force to be reckoned with. It doesn't help that there's a Taco Bell right by the bus stop that my friends and I usually take (I NEVER eat fast food when I'm sober, but something about cheap, fatty fast food just calls to me at the tail end of one of those crazy nights). I'm thinking a good solution would be to work out extra when I know I'll be going out that night, as well as packing some snacks. Thoughts?

Replies

• mpetrovic
    mpetrovic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I'm right there with you!! I always keep small popcorn bags around and hummus/carrots. If you're looking for something fattier (aka cheesy), I roll a whole wheat tortilla with some part-skim cheese and microwave it...Not the healthiest but it's better than Taco Smell!!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Honestly, #YOLO... if I'm already blasted might as well just enjoy it.

Don't be that guy that drinks 10 beers than passes on a slice of pizza because you're on a diet.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Honestly, #YOLO... if I'm already blasted might as well just enjoy it.

Don't be that guy that drinks 10 beers than passes on a slice of pizza because you're on a diet.

^^This!

The way I see it, when I drink, I know that I've already gone WAY over my calorie limit...so if I want Taco Bell, I go for it. Alcohol is ridiculous on the calorie scale (seriously...72 calories per 1oz shot of unflavored vodka (if your shots are anything like mine it's probably more like 3oz though)...I don't even want to know what the sugary flavored ones are...) What's worse is that they're empty calories. The damage has already been done, honestly, and when you're drunk, unfortunately fast food is a glorious thing. Depending on how often you drink, the best thing you could do is limit it to 2-3 times a month and most and just enjoy the hell out of it. Minimizing drinking in college is really hard, but it's the best thing you could do.

Edit: But you're right...Working out a little harder/longer on nights you know you're going out definitely won't hurt anything! :drinker: That and drink as much water as you can before/after :)
  • thunderstruck134
    Options
    Here's what I do: power through two hours of cardio beforehand and do all the shots afterwards. :laugh:
  • kganc001
    Options
    I eat all the food.

And I've lost >30 pounds. Shoot, sometimes it's just nice to refuel. :P
  • natalkaa
    natalkaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's literally only 2 ways I've found to avoid the munchies.
    1. Eat a filling enough meal that you don't want food (always works with a high fat intake)
    2. Drink enough that you're either A. Throwing up or B. Passing out