week 7 of reset where do I go from here?

Options
Hey Bales mentioned that 4 to 6 weeks of reset should be enough.

My daily calories are about 2700. I am still gaining at the rate of about 1 kg a week. It`s been up and down but the trend is up. It was the same when I was dieting but I went back down during the week because of restricting. Now I just go up and up. I feel like my weight gain is out of control. And there is no way I am eating more than 7000 calories extra every week. Why is this happening???

I planned on doing 8 weeks. I am working out with heavy weights 2x a week. My clothes still fit but are tight. All my measurements are up a few cm`s. Body fat is up. I can`t tell if I look better, the same or worse in pictures.

People are commenting on how much I eat. ( husband)

It`s killing me. How do I even go about doing a cut? I am really confused. I don`t know what changes to make. I don`t overeat now. I seem to eat healthier most days than my MFP friends. What should I do? I could change my wine intake, but it is the only thing keeping me sane and fits my macros.

Measure everything and start all over at about 2300, 15% cut?

Feeling really depressed that reset has been about the same as dieting. I want to give up on dieting because it never got me to my goal weight. Now I am 6 kg`s farther from it. I am no where near a healthy weight anymore. Even if I`m not focusing on the scale. I should look better.

Anyone out there have a similar experience or some good advice on cutting? Should I take it the 8 weeks or give up now and start cutting? Should I wait until my weight stabilizes no matter how much I gain? Longer than 8 weeks?
Am I completely abnormal? I feel very abnormal right now..

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    1 kg a week?

Let's see, 2.2 x 3500 / 7 = 1100 surplus it would appear, daily.

Could real TDEE be 1600 about?

No you don't keep letting pounds pile on. Of course, eventually you would reach a weight where that level of calories is your TDEE, at this point it must not be.

But why would your estimate of TDEE be so far off what reality appears like? Perhaps a combo of things.

Logging is indeed weighing all foods that go in your mouth, except liquids which are measured?
    And that means weighing packaged stuff too, a day full of actual 1.25 to 1.45 servings where you thought it was 1 adds up. Especially when eating more.

No medical issues?
    That includes food sensitivities perhaps not allergies yet. Like bloated after eating a bagel, ie straight carbs that ingest quickly?

Invalid weigh-ins only effect week to week, they don't keep going up, as would be improvements in glucose stores or muscle soreness water retaining or elevated sodium, weight gain stops at certain point.

Activity level choice based on?

BMR based on Katch or Mifflin/Harris?

If Katch with bf%, how was that obtained?

I'd suggest dropping 250 right now daily.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Idk how helpful I'm going to be. But here's my situation. I tried eating more and all I did was gain. I tried cutting. And got impatient and cut some more. So all that really happened was I gained weight. I didn't reset anything. So idk if I can say the process doesn't work. It just didn't work for me. Prob because I rushed it. All I can say is right now I'm eating 1800 a day roughly. I'm 140. I've lost about a lb a week for 3 weeks. I'm working out like 8 times a week though. Like a maniac. So I am also talking to my doc about possible PCOS. I don't know that that's my problem though. According to my weight loss and my calorie intake and calorie burns my TDEE is 1700. How can this be possible? No clue. All I know is that when I tried to eat according to what my body media says it wouldn't work. Right now I've been eating 1800 calories a day burning around 600 a day. Losing about a lb a week. So 1800-600 is 1200 times 7 days is 8400. Plus the 3500 of what my deficit would be to lose a lb a week. Divide that by 7 is 1700 a day. Again.. Not sure that this helps at all!!