Treesplace322 September Kick Off - Fall Changes

Options
September 1-
Goal, 10 lb loss- Moving more

Plan- walk more again. I was running a daycare and went back to work at my old job in radio- Love the job but it is a desk job. I can see a huge upswing in my weight even though I have been keep track.
Need more exercise since I am not chasing boys around the house-toddlers LOL

Switched gym membership to the YMCA from Aspen. I love the water workouts but was only getting 2 days a week at Aspen. They don't seem to offer it except in the morning for people that don't work or only work at night. The Y offers it almost every night of the week and they also have a gentle yoga class too. My co-worker, office mate is planning on joining the Y too so hoping to have a workout buddy sometimes.

A little introduction: I am 55 yrs old, mother, wife, grandmother. I am so very proud of my 3 children and my stepchildren. I pretty much raised my three children on my own until the kids were in high school, & Jr high school. I always had a job if not a couple jobs and was going to college. Fast forward to my life now I can look back and see that we ate a lot of fast food, and junk food. I can cook up a storm but always being on the go and a very limited budget I did not follow healthy eating.
My daughter does so much better choosing healthy meals for her kids. I am thankful for her and her wonderful examples that I am trying to follow.

I have 10 grandchildren now and two wonderful dogs. As I mentioned above I went back to working part-time outside the home in July. Love the job, glad to be back among adults and old friends. The bad part is when I get home I am drained and make excuses as why I am not working out. That is stopping this week. We are heading into the fall season in Iowa and the heat should be going away. I do not like it cold but the 70-80s would be nice. If I don't go to the gym, I should be walking my dogs or playing in the yard with them.

Now, I need to get off of the computer today and get to cleaning the house and organize the house. That is my husband's goal and mine get it done this holiday weekend. Next weekend we are putting a hot tub in our basement. My brother wanted to get rid of his 2 person tub and we are excited to put it in our house. The old hot tub outside we sold as it is to windy where we live and we have a hard time keeping the cover on when it does storm.

Everyone have a great day and fresh start!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We can do more exercise together!
  • shegetsbetter
    shegetsbetter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great first update! Sounds like you have a wonderful family :)
    Good luck this month, looking forward to reading more.
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's great that you'll have more class options at the Y! You're going to have a great month =]
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good luck this month ,hot tub sounds great.i live in the Uk and not so good for hot tub,but we have had a great summer.
  • LauraJean7619
    LauraJean7619 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    September 1-
    Goal, 10 lb loss- Moving more

Plan- walk more again. I was running a daycare and went back to work at my old job in radio- Love the job but it is a desk job. I can see a huge upswing in my weight even though I have been keep track.
    Need more exercise since I am not chasing boys around the house-toddlers LOL

Switched gym membership to the YMCA from Aspen. I love the water workouts but was only getting 2 days a week at Aspen. They don't seem to offer it except in the morning for people that don't work or only work at night. The Y offers it almost every night of the week and they also have a gentle yoga class too. My co-worker, office mate is planning on joining the Y too so hoping to have a workout buddy sometimes.

A little introduction: I am 55 yrs old, mother, wife, grandmother. I am so very proud of my 3 children and my stepchildren. I pretty much raised my three children on my own until the kids were in high school, & Jr high school. I always had a job if not a couple jobs and was going to college. Fast forward to my life now I can look back and see that we ate a lot of fast food, and junk food. I can cook up a storm but always being on the go and a very limited budget I did not follow healthy eating.
    My daughter does so much better choosing healthy meals for her kids. I am thankful for her and her wonderful examples that I am trying to follow.

I have 10 grandchildren now and two wonderful dogs. As I mentioned above I went back to working part-time outside the home in July. Love the job, glad to be back among adults and old friends. The bad part is when I get home I am drained and make excuses as why I am not working out. That is stopping this week. We are heading into the fall season in Iowa and the heat should be going away. I do not like it cold but the 70-80s would be nice. If I don't go to the gym, I should be walking my dogs or playing in the yard with them.

Now, I need to get off of the computer today and get to cleaning the house and organize the house. That is my husband's goal and mine get it done this holiday weekend. Next weekend we are putting a hot tub in our basement. My brother wanted to get rid of his 2 person tub and we are excited to put it in our house. The old hot tub outside we sold as it is to windy where we live and we have a hard time keeping the cover on when it does storm.

Everyone have a great day and fresh start!
    Good luck
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sept 2-
    My mindset is doing well. Last night we went out to eat at a BBQ place and I think I did okay. I could not eat the sandwich as it was way to messy to pick up. I decided to just eat the smoked Turkey with my fork and left most of the bread. I did have some dill pickle chips but not to bad.

Working around the house this afternoon on this Labor Day holiday. We just got home from the grocery store and I bought some Chex Mix and the new Green Giant Veggie chips. With my trusty scale I am going to measure out snack bags today and mark the calories on them with the sharpie. This used to do me good when I did this when I followed WW points. Chips are a big trigger for me and I want to arm myself this month with good choices. I like to watch my Bold and Beautiful when I get home from work and chips always end up in my hand.
    I know I should not eat them but if I am I am going to have them I am going to have them in individual bags, measured out.

Grilling out tonight and I am going to split my steak with my father-in-law, and we are making zucchini and squash and onions on the grill, stuffed Anaheim peppers, garlic bread and sweet corn. I am thinking I am track to have a delicious supper and it will fall into my calorie plan.
  • LauraJean7619
    LauraJean7619 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sept 2-
    My mindset is doing well. Last night we went out to eat at a BBQ place and I think I did okay. I could not eat the sandwich as it was way to messy to pick up. I decided to just eat the smoked Turkey with my fork and left most of the bread. I did have some dill pickle chips but not to bad.

Working around the house this afternoon on this Labor Day holiday. We just got home from the grocery store and I bought some Chex Mix and the new Green Giant Veggie chips. With my trusty scale I am going to measure out snack bags today and mark the calories on them with the sharpie. This used to do me good when I did this when I followed WW points. Chips are a big trigger for me and I want to arm myself this month with good choices. I like to watch my Bold and Beautiful when I get home from work and chips always end up in my hand.
    I know I should not eat them but if I am I am going to have them I am going to have them in individual bags, measured out.

Grilling out tonight and I am going to split my steak with my father-in-law, and we are making zucchini and squash and onions on the grill, stuffed Anaheim peppers, garlic bread and sweet corn. I am thinking I am track to have a delicious supper and it will fall into my calorie plan.
    sounds great I will measure out meat in put in bags and write down how many oz for each one.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Great goals!
    Wow 10 grandchildren, that's fun!
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    Options
    Been missing in action the past week. Been here but trying to focus on a few to many things. I have kept on track to our Fresh Start! I have managed to move the scale 3 lbs down since we started September. I am pretty happy to see the scale going downwards.

Last night I managed to make it to the Gym and did my first Body Pump class. OMG, I have done this once at the old gym but the YMCA was a much better controlled workout. My legs were like wobbly jello when I finally got done. It carried over to my house and for a couple more trips up and down the stairs. I am doing okay getting up this morning. She said to come back three times week,

Work has been busy and I have not had a moment to check into the MfVP during the day. I work part-tiime and I want to try to make more money. I have been trying to come home and not do anything unless it is my hobby related idea. I shoot photo's and I have decided to try to sell some on Etsy if I can get it together. Been searching my computer and hard drives for my photos and if I only get those organized then I have been successful. So with all that I am pretending it is my job and trying to stay off of Facebook. Time I waste on Facebook I can't get back. I need to do coupons too. Busy, busy.
    This photo project started because I wanted to make a special gift for my brother and sister-in-law as they have had us stay at the summer home and just gave me their hot tub they don't want. It was perfect timing as our hot tub was needing some work.
    I will try to be so much better this month checking in, Tree
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been very busy but you are doing great staying focused! 3 lb loss is awesome! Keep it up!
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    Options
    :happy: Wave, wave:happy:
    Hi, still here, still working the fresh start goals. Went camping over the past weekend and I did really well when it came to eating. I did get in some walking, not as much as I wanted or planned to do.

I went to the YMCA last night and met the weight machines as I wanted to learn them so I can stop in sometimes in the afternoons after work. I get off most afternoons at 1:30 pm and think and hope with this mindset that I stop there before getting home and getting in a workout. Trainer guy said if you come around that time there will be not to many people here.I love the classes but with the fall and winter approaching I am thinking that sometimes I get that out of way and not have to go back out after dark. I love the swimming and body pump classes. I guess I am trying out all the options.

Tonight is Body Pump, hopefully I won't feel as bad as last week. It killed me.
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am not excited about what Daylight Savings might do to my workout routine! Good for you finding a way around that.