Mark's 21 Day Primal Challenge

Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Anyone else doing it? I'm doing it in the sense that I'm not going to have non-Primal approved "cheats" and work on keeping carbs down and fat up (I haven't been doing this, specifically, so that's what I've been doing the past week or so). I'm also planning on striving for 10,000 steps per day (though in my case, "per day" is, at least for this week, start of work to start of work, since we're doing a pedometer challenge).

What are your goals? How have you done so far with it?

Replies

• blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    I'm in! I already eat strict paleo I just need to walk more and get outside more than I have been. What are your carb goals for weight loss?
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm in! Been falling off the paleo bus the last couple of weeks and need kick start myself back on it. My goal is to clean up my eating with most carbs coming from veggies/fruit (especially throw out the beer...pumpkin beer yummmm....) and get back to my usual gym routine of lifting 3 days, HIIT 1-2 days, and long/slow stuff 1-2.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'm in! I already eat strict paleo I just need to walk more and get outside more than I have been. What are your carb goals for weight loss?

Right now, just lower in general, but I seem to be doing pretty well around 60 most days, so I think I'm going to aim for under 75g, and as much of it from veggies/fruits as I can. Previously, my set-point was about 100g, so it's a sizable chunk for me.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Actually today is Day 21 for me :)

My husband and I are definately sold on this way of life for sure! He transitioned very easily.....me? Not so much but I'm still on board and enjoying the benefits!

The biggest struggle for me is breaking my sugar cravings. at about the 16 day mark I finally caved to the sugar cravings and fell off the wagon for two days. I am back on, raised my fat intake even higher and have lowered my carb intake to less than 50g per day to see if I can correct my cravings and hunger. The last two days have been pretty manageable so I'm happy with that. I know it gets better ;) As time goes on, I believe I will be able to stay within the 50g-75g carb intake and still control cravings.

The most noticeable changes for me have been:

- less bloat
    - persistant knee and shoulder joint pain have all but disappeared (I had an injury in one of each) lol
    - I sleep really really well!!
    - no afternoon crash
    - my skin looks great!

I have found that trying new recipes has made it easier for us to stay on track as chicken and salad can get pretty boring pretty quickly! :)
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member

Right now, just lower in general, but I seem to be doing pretty well around 60 most days, so I think I'm going to aim for under 75g, and as much of it from veggies/fruits as I can. Previously, my set-point was about 100g, so it's a sizable chunk for me.

I havent been logging for awhile but I know my carbs have been relativley low just because my cravings are down. and I have cut way down on fruit. I cant go super low carb because I no longer have a gallbladder and too much fat will upset my stomach even with taking digestive enzymes.
  • I'm doing it also. Today is day 2 for me!