Not working :(

Options
hteepeg
hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
I've fallen victim to the bad hardware curse. I'm switching over to the Fitbit Flex and hope that I have more luck. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    mine died last week, waiting for a replacement, how old was yours, only had mine since June
  • sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    I am waiting for my third one....bought one and this will be my second one sent to me.....since May....i love my UP but if this keeps up, i will be forced to abandon it for something different. I sure hope they can get the quality issues taken care of. :sad:
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since last month, what kinds of issues are you experiencing?
  • sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    Both times they would not sync. They are different issues as one would not let me charge it or anything. this time I had just finished charging it and went to sync it but it did not update. I followed their steps and removed the app from my phone, closed everything down and then re installed the app and still nothing. They have been great in sending out replacement of the band but i hope they get the quality control issue resolved.
  • issypops
    Options
    I'm still waiting to here from them, I reported the band broken two weeks ago, they were 'validating the warrantee' then nothing, not impressed with their customer service at all!

I had problems with the battery, suddenly crashed and then wouldn't recharge at all. I'm gutted as I really loved my up
  • zazure
    zazure Posts: 18
    Options
    my friend and I both bought one the same day. Mine died in less than 30 days. The difference between our usage was I was wearing mine all the time, even in the shower. I think that was the weak link. Water resistant, not water proof..
  • RaeFlemett
    RaeFlemett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my second UP replacement in a month. The original UP that I got would charge, but the charge wouldn't last 10 days (more like one). I could have a fully-charged battery right before bed but only 3 days left of the charge by the time I woke up...and no, I am not Rip VanWinkle. I got into the routine of charging in the morning while getting ready for work, then charging again during TV time in the evening. That would get me through the day without losing too much data.

After seeing some of the posts here regarding battery issues, I looked at Jawbone's support site and I tried the soft reset procedure three times to no avail. I contacted Jawbone customer service and they responded promptly and were very nice. They sent a replacement right away.

Unfortunately, the replacement they sent me was completely useless. After 80+ minutes of charging, the band would have just enough juice for me to sync it and see that the battery was critically low before it completely died. I contacted customer service again and tried both the soft and hard resets...still no go.

I am still using the original band, since I can at least capture 99% of my activity, while I wait for replacement #2. I have to say that the people at Jawbone are very, very nice and I honestly feel that they are doing their best to resolve this issue for me.

I do suspect that the method of charging may be an issue. Many people have USB wall chargers and even though our UPs didn't come with one of those, I know that there are probably other people like me that think nothing of plugging any USB charged device into the one that came with our cell phone, or iPod, or Nook, or whatever...when I get my second replacement, I am going to try charging it exclusively in a USB port on my PC.

I'll let you know how it goes.
  • issypops
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my replacement, it been over a month, but its finally out for delivery,so fingers crossed. I had to chase them every step of the way, so I'm not desperately impressed with their customer service.

I only charged my original band via my PC but it still died, although I did wear it in the shower.
    To be honest I don't have any confidence that it won't happen again, it's turned into a real hassle which is a real shame as it was a great product but if it can't be relied on to work consistently it becomes little more than an expensive plastic bracelet.
  • RaeFlemett
    RaeFlemett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My second replacement arrived today. Wish me luck! :)
  • James194zt
    James194zt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would say I have had 4 of them since July to mid September, the quality of them is awful! I have just given up and moved to Fitbit, I love the UP aesthetically but I need the damn thing to work and ever 3-4 weeks having to start off the replacement process is a bit annoying especially as it normally takes Jawbone about a week to replace it as well.

My tracking data is so vital for my health program as I use it as well as heart rate monitor and foot pod when working out, having it gone for a week at a time was unaceptable.

I have had the following faults

2 x charged the UP as it was working fine but about 15-20% charge and it just died, soft reset sometimes got it to work with my phone to download the data but that was it the UP never worked properly again. I did try all sorts of tricks on the net but got nowhere!
    1 x charged the UP and within 24 hours it was dead and requiring a recharge
    1 x my last UP which went to eBay!!

Good luck guys that is all I can say!