bp coffee

Options
bradhat78
bradhat78 Posts: 7 Member
lets get some convos n this mug.. any of u 2 drink the bulletproof coffee? i just heard of it a week ago and want to try it. im a little apprehensive after reading asprey is also on provigil.. im sure he isnt the only 1 who pushes bp coffee tho

Replies

• BryCoe
    BryCoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it for almost 2 months now. I use butter and mct oil with it, as well as collagen. Personally I'm in love with it... I shed off the extra belly fat I've always had within a week or two and have been watching a six pack slowly accumulate though I haven't done any exercise other than walking around town and a light routine for the first time today. I've been on the whole diet however, not just the coffee.

But it does feel like the real deal. Very filling and warming, improved focus, reflexes, mood, energy, you name it.. some mornings I get very creative after taking Aniracetam with it.

My new favorite thing to do is add raw eggs and upgraded whey protein to it in the early afternoon for an awesome portable lunch, perfect for after a long morning when the first two cups begin to pass their half-life.

And as to Provigil, that worried me too. I researched it to the best of my ability before determining it is in fact very safe and legal. In my opinion d-amphetamines, ritalin and the lot should be schedule 1 and discouraged with Modafinil prescribed in it's place.
    Wouldn't at all be surprised if big pharma bashes Moda for that very possibility. I've tried it now, and can say with no doubt in my mind after trying all sorts of things that this is the cleanest and most effective "pharmaceutical" I've seen. It's simply a very powerful nootropic is all and doesn't deserve the bad rap it's got IMO.

Hope that helps!
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started today but I am just using the best items I could find @ Whole Foods until I order the ingredients. The nice thing is that even with out the official upgraded coffee and MCT I still feel a difference. I am normally a coffee and cream/half&half kind of person so I was a little worried about the taste but I really enjoyed it. I made half of the recipe for my 10am meal and drank the other half about 1pm, that is all I have had and I feel great.
    I am following the Alternate Day type diet and bulletproof coffee will be my only food source on my "fast" days. Not sure if I will follow a specific regimen on my "feed' days yet. I think for now I will just eat fairly normal on those days and just try to make good food choices.
  • davetrow
    Options
    BryCoe's experience is much like my own. My GI tract isn't always happy with the MCT oil, but it's not happy with a lot of things (I'm working with the FODMAP elimination diet). I lost 25 pounds the first half of the year, then gained back 5 as muscle. My body fat percentage has dropped from more than 22 (I stopped measuring it quite some time back!) to about 18, and a six pack is peeking through. For me it appears that the most important part of the diet is not eating carbs before 2 PM or after 8 PM or so. No other food tracking seems to be necessary other than calories in and out.

I don't believe that the special coffee is necessary, but have not tried it. Can't afford it anyway, so why bother? NOW MCT oil, ordinary sweet butter, Costco coffee (whatever's on sale), and Kara coconut cream (makes it more palatable and seems to extend the no-hunger zone) seem to do the job. I'd rather spend the money I save on our garden, which is providing more and more of our food, including a wonderful self-fermenting "wine cooler" we make from our Syrah grapes: harvest, freeze in gallon bags, put one bag at a time in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, and you get a great fizzy drink. I think it's helping to tune my biome, too, since it relies on natural yeasts that are also on the fruits and veggies I eat.

As for Modafinil, my doctor was willing to prescribe it (she helps me manage all my psychotropics, although of course she can't supply shrooms or cannabis), but said that in her experience, no one has ever refilled a prescription for it except Hep-C patients who need it for special occasions, like long-distance driving. Provigil is not covered by my insurance unless I've had a recent sleep study verifying OSA, so it's too expensive. I am curious about it, though.
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is coffee alone still helpful? I know its full of antioxidants and may help with energy but what if I fast for a few days and only consume coffee and my multivitamins and some water?
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Fasting and only drinking coffee? That would definitely not work for me. I can't drink just coffee without a fair amount of fat in it, I get the jitters pretty fast. It crashes my blood sugar.
  • kmarni06
    kmarni06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it since I started the WOE... I upped it to 2 a day *try to... and have seen a great improvement on my fat loss and inches lost as well. For me it helps promote heightened alertness and achieves quicker loss of weight.
  • kmarni06
    kmarni06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do 24 hours of this once a week and it has helped me lost weight faster, I follow this by doing a 24 hour fat fast and then continue on with LCHF.
  • Guitar1969
    Guitar1969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for a bit, as a fast a few days a week, and doing very well with it. 2 BP coffees on my fast days, and a bunch of water/tea. I then dringk the coffees a few other days as meal replacements and then do LCHF the rest of the time, and am enjoying a nice accelerated weight loss on it.