Week 4 - Lost 3.25 Inches!

Options
Happy Birthday to me! I'm so happy to find this morning, that I've lost inches, even though my weight is the same! I have been measuring every two weeks and last time, I hadn't lost even 1/4 inch. But today, after taking all the spreadsheet measurements, I'd lost 3.25 total inches! It's not a revelation, but it shows me once again that I'm on the right path!

I love lifting! LOL

Replies

• arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congrats!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's really impressive progress, and as arnpjenn said above me, very inspiring! Congrats :)
  • Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That is great. I haven't measured, but I doubt I have lost any inches and I am in week 6. Is that a total or all in one spot :)
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It really feels good to see progress.
    Is that a total or all in one spot :)

It's a total. From the 8 spreadsheet measurements (wrist, forearm, neck, waist, abdomen, hips, thigh and calf). Some were 1/4", some were 1/2" but I lost 1.5" from my abdomen! I measure every 2 weeks, weigh every week. I'm DOING this thing! LOL
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WTG that is fantastic!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - kep going!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm betting with weight the same, that ends up increasing LBM and lowering FM.

Meaning your BMR, TDEE, and eating goal all go up!
  • rhoda003
    Options
    Heybales...would your spreadsheet account for a higher LBM? Just wondering if you plug in a smaller waist, hips, etc, and your weight doesn't change, does it calculate it as higher LBM and give you an increase in calories? I haven't reached that stage yet...but can't wait for it to happen :)

Rhoda
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Heybales...would your spreadsheet account for a higher LBM? Just wondering if you plug in a smaller waist, hips, etc, and your weight doesn't change, does it calculate it as higher LBM and give you an increase in calories? I haven't reached that stage yet...but can't wait for it to happen :)

Rhoda

Yes

If you lost inches, then BF% went down. The calculators for BF% don't even use weight, it's volume based, same as Bodpod and hydrostatic weighing (misnomer, you aren't weighed underwater, the displacement of water by your body is weighed and gives a volume measurement).

Of course, once BF% is known, and it went down, but mass stayed the same, that can only mean the Fat Free Mass (FFM or LBM) went up.

So yes, once the results of those 2 calculators used in there are entered in the BF% field, then FM and LBM is calculated on current weight. Even if not muscle that is gained, but easily glucose stores with water - that increases LBM, and hence metabolism.

That is the first decent drop in metabolism when you start a diet, you lose glucose stores with water, especially on Atkins or low carb.
    Instant metabolism slowdown.
  • rhoda003
    Options

I opened up my saved version of the spreadsheet and played around with some numbers. It makes me even more excited to lose size, even if the scale doesn't move much :)

Rhoda
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    MUCH MUCH AWESOME-ness!!!!!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options