Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I love runners

likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
http://www.runnersworld.com/beginners/in-good-company?page=1

"It's true you're running?" Gerry asked me one Saturday night while filling my wine glass. We were at his house with a few friends. "If you can call it that," I said. "Probably better to just say I'm getting out." He suggested we get out together some time. I asked him if he meant that in a hypothetical sense—an it's-the-thought-that-counts sort of thing that I could acknowledge and promptly forget.

"No," Gerry said. "Let's really do it sometime." "That'd be great!" I fired, nodding too fast, gulping the wine, thinking, Fat chance. "How about tomorrow?" he said. What followed was a rapid-fire dodge and grab disguised with shucksy smiles and backslaps. Me: I'm extremely slow. Gerry: So am I! Me: But I'm not kidding. Gerry: Me neither! Me: I'm like a turtle. Gerry: Smart way to start. Me: A grumpy old turtle who is no fun to run with at all. Gerry: Is morning good? Me: I only go a mile. Gerry: You're up to a mile! That's great!

Replies