New Here

Options
Hi! My name is Lisa. I am 6 months away from turning 30. My whole life, I have dreamed about having at least a couple of kids by this point. Unfortunately, thanks to PCOS, I have had to put it on hold. I started having issues about 13-14 years ago, but I was officially diagnosed just months after my wedding in 2010. Put on Metformin back in January and have lost 35 lbs since. I am hoping to lose another 45 lbs before my husband and I REALLY start TTC.

Replies

• lnprewitt
    Options
    Well hello! I have posted on another topic in this group but just noticed that it is not very active at all. Hopefully we can motivate each other to get to where we want to be before we are hopefully blessed with the amazing gift of getting pregnant (and staying preggers for 9 months). Here is what I posted previously... It pretty much sums up my situation!

Oh the joys of pcos (sarcasm at its strongest)! My name is Nikki and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago after ttc with no success for 2 years following a mc due to low progesterone. I was on metformin for about 6 months and could not handle the side effects i had from it. Attempted 3 un monitored cycles of clomid with my gyno... No success. In 2009 i found an amazing RE but was a little taken back by all of the info he gave me and didnt take any steps to do anything. I finally decided in Feb this year to go ahead and see what he suggests! I had a hsg and hysteroscopy done in march and thankfully nothing was found wrong with my tubes or uterus! Only this awful pesky disorder a lot of us have unfortuinately been given to deal with.

My cycles are about as crazy as they get. For 6 months ill be like clock work... 30 day cycle and ovulating (most cycles) on cd 17-19. Then ill skip a month or 2 without af and have anovulatory cycles that come whenever theyre ready for about 6 months after. FRUSTRATING!!! I know im lucky to be ovulating at all but with my husbands job (gone 30 days and home 15) he's only home during O (when it happens) a couple times a year. So... We have decided on IVF in march 2014! I want to be as healthy as i possibly can before to increase our chance for success. Since joining myfitnesspal, i have noticed a HUGE change in symptoms ie:hair growing in places it shouldnt on a female, acne, and anovulation. I have been more conscious about what i am putting into my body besides a few days but noticed that cutting out the yucky carbs and sugars has helped all 3 of the previously listed symptoms.

Now that ive bored you guys with all that mess, i am hoping to find others to help keep me motivated and to motivate others on any area of our journey!
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have 2 kids that are 8 years apart. I have found that weight plays a huge part in my fertility. My husband and I have been married just over a year and have been trying for about 2 years to have another. After trying clomid with no luck I really started working hard on loosing some weight. Since January I have lost 50 lbs and am under 200 lbs.. I was just under 200 when I got preggo with my other 2. I started getting normal cycles a few months ago. i'm really hoping this is the magic month since I know I am ovulating :)

Good Luck :)
  • lnprewitt
    Options
    Tons of baby dust your way!!!!! Fingers crossed this is your month!!!:wink:
  • missa3428
    Options
    Well hello! I have posted on another topic in this group but just noticed that it is not very active at all. Hopefully we can motivate each other to get to where we want to be before we are hopefully blessed with the amazing gift of getting pregnant (and staying preggers for 9 months). Here is what I posted previously... It pretty much sums up my situation!

Oh the joys of pcos (sarcasm at its strongest)! My name is Nikki and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago after ttc with no success for 2 years following a mc due to low progesterone. I was on metformin for about 6 months and could not handle the side effects i had from it. Attempted 3 un monitored cycles of clomid with my gyno... No success. In 2009 i found an amazing RE but was a little taken back by all of the info he gave me and didnt take any steps to do anything. I finally decided in Feb this year to go ahead and see what he suggests! I had a hsg and hysteroscopy done in march and thankfully nothing was found wrong with my tubes or uterus! Only this awful pesky disorder a lot of us have unfortuinately been given to deal with.

My cycles are about as crazy as they get. For 6 months ill be like clock work... 30 day cycle and ovulating (most cycles) on cd 17-19. Then ill skip a month or 2 without af and have anovulatory cycles that come whenever theyre ready for about 6 months after. FRUSTRATING!!! I know im lucky to be ovulating at all but with my husbands job (gone 30 days and home 15) he's only home during O (when it happens) a couple times a year. So... We have decided on IVF in march 2014! I want to be as healthy as i possibly can before to increase our chance for success. Since joining myfitnesspal, i have noticed a HUGE change in symptoms ie:hair growing in places it shouldnt on a female, acne, and anovulation. I have been more conscious about what i am putting into my body besides a few days but noticed that cutting out the yucky carbs and sugars has helped all 3 of the previously listed symptoms.

Now that ive bored you guys with all that mess, i am hoping to find others to help keep me motivated and to motivate others on any area of our journey!

I am soo sorry to hear about your troubles with TTC!! I have been trying 4 years this October and with no luck I havent ovulated much!! Only 1 time and DH and I missed it because we were working different hours!! Now we work the same hours, and I took a break from TTC!! I am happy to report that I started Vitex, Vitamin B super plus and D3 and have had AF twice in the last 60 days!! I also have always had these crappy spotting no cramps and no acne periods! This month was bad bad I MEAN BAD acne, breast hurt like CRAZY, and the worste period I have ever had with out taking provera! Heave and painful!! I have also recently lost 28 pounds and am working to lose 50 before the end of the year this year! Then next year I would like to lose 50 pounds before my birthday making me 234 pounds!!!! I am 6'1 and me being 234 is skinny! To me this would be a perfect weight! I hope that with taking Vitex, and eating low carb, and working out will get me to where I need to get pregnant!! Right now though I am not trying just enjoying life with my husband kid free and if I get pregnant I will get pregnant! I will worry about it next year after some weight is gone!
  • lnprewitt
    Options
    Sorry I just seen your post. It's so FRUSTRATING and insane how crazy our bodies work. Girl, you are always busting your *kitten* and I just know that you will reach your goal in that amount of time! I'm hoping to be down atleast 180 before we attempt IVF. (I'm only 5-3) So.... HERES TO US REACHING OUR GOALS BY THE BEGINING OF THE NEW YEAR! Oh and hope your recovery is going well!
  • missa3428
    Options
    Inprewitt We can do it!! We can BEAT PCOS!!!! :) If you lose 180 pounds you will look awesome!!! My main goal would be 100 pounds by next Christmas!! I think I can do that!!! BTW My recovering is doing great! I am up and walking! Not running haha! Thanks for your support!
  • mecq77
    mecq77 Posts: 5
    Options
    My doctor reccommended Pregnitude to help regulate cycle. Its over the counter. I
  • lnprewitt
    Options
    Inprewitt We can do it!! We can BEAT PCOS!!!! :) If you lose 180 pounds you will look awesome!!! My main goal would be 100 pounds by next Christmas!! I think I can do that!!! BTW My recovering is doing great! I am up and walking! Not running haha! Thanks for your support!

Girl YES WE CAN!!!!! And i ment down to 180 which is my first goal and would be more than happy to be there! My "healthy range" is 145-150 but im too thick for all that (naturally big boobs and butt). I just want to be healthy!!!! So glad to hear you are rexovering well!!!! :)
  • ThebabyYak
    ThebabyYak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "Hello" I'm 20 & new to this group and I'm not yet ttc ! I am looking for tips and ideas too have twins :smile: 50431383.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "Hello" I'm 20 & new to this group and I'm not yet ttc ! I am looking for tips and ideas too have twins :smile:

If you have PCOS and are TTC, ask your doctor about going on clomid. It increases the likelihood of multiples. I doubt your MD would prescribe it for JUST that reason, but for women with PCOS who are having trouble conceiving, it is often prescribed and it does have that as a "side effect".