Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

September challenge - recommit!

demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
For September let's all commit to doing one thing to improve our health and fitness. It's past time to get back on track.

It can be a food or exercise commitment.

Replies

• demilade
    I will commit to 2 things.

Health - I still struggle badly with sugar so I commit to really making an effort to reduce my chocolate intake.

Fitness - I commit to 4 training sessions a week as a base. 7 wold be ideal but not achievable on a regular basis. I just got a new DVD and hrm to help me
  • I'll recommit to working out 5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

My junk food intake has been really good, I just need to recommit to proper portion sizes for my meals.
  • demilade
    Not going well. Gallbladder is killing so no exercise.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    ok, so in August my goal was to get better about drinking water, I have had a solid week of 64-100 oz a day... yesterday I did 150 oz :drinker:

September, I am going to recommit to exercise. I have started, but it's not been steady.
  • demilade
    2 days in and I am manageing about 25 mins of walking. Will keep that up till surgery date, take 5 days off then keep going. My goal is 5k a day by the end of the month
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    I'll commit to listening to my body again and not my emotions - am I hungry or just wanting to feel a bored/lonely/happy/empty/sad/confused/angry place within me? I'll commit to moving more again.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Hi ladies. I know the month is more than halfway over but I'd like to recommit as well. My ankle isn't completely recovered but I need to do SOMETHING to get back on track - so I'm going to commit to swimming 3x/week again and add back more exercise as my ankle can handle it.
  • I have recommitted to following my chosen "diet". :smile: So far I have stuck to it for 3 days in a row!
    That may not sound like much to some but believe me it is a record for me, especially since my room mates all continue to bring in to the house things that trigger binges in me if I give in and partake of those foods and drinks.

I am learning that I cannot impose my dietary issues on others; they have a right to eat whatever they want, and I am learning that I do not have to eat what others bring into the house just because it is offered to me. :smile:
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    I have recommitted to following my chosen "diet". :smile: So far I have stuck to it for 3 days in a row!

I am learning that I cannot impose my dietary issues on others; they have a right to eat whatever they want, and I am learning that I do not have to eat what others bring into the house just because it is offered to me. :smile:

Excellent attitude to strive for and great job with your 'diet'! A three day victory is still a three day victory so congrats!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Will there be an October Challenge?