I may be a ____ geek, but I have never _____.

Options
coolraul07
coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
Let's start a new game. I'm sure we all have a bunch of these (well, at least I do), but let's keep them to one per post to see how far this thread will go. I'll start.

I may be a major league Star Trek geek, but I have never worn an ST costume or gone to an ST convention.

Who's next?

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I may be a sci-fi geek, but I have never liked firefly.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I may be a just general geek, but I have never gotten super into Star Wars.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge sci-fi fantesy geek but I have never cosplayed before
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I may be a well rounded geek but I have never like anime.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I may be a Doctor Who geek, but i have never dressed as any Doctor before.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I may be a gamer geek, but I have never played WoW.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I may be a Buffy/Angel geek, but I have never actually seen every single episode of either show.

Didn't find that out until my wife agreed to watch both series with me, and I got to enjoy some new episodes I never knew existed.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge fantasy geek but I have never played D&D before.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I may be a superhero film geek, but I have never owned a superhero comic book.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I may be a science fiction geek, but I've never watched Star Trek (I know, I know...).

I love the Marvel movies but I haven't read any comic book either. It's not that I don't want to, but that there are just way too many of them and I just don't have the money to buy them all lol. And I wouldn't even know where to start either...
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I may be a science fiction geek, but I've never watched Star Trek (I know, I know...).

I love the Marvel movies but I haven't read any comic book either. It's not that I don't want to, but that there are just way too many of them and I just don't have the money to buy them all lol. And I wouldn't even know where to start either...

I wouldn't know where to start either! If I want to know more about a character's backstory, I Google them :)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I may be Dr. Who Geek, but I have never seen any of Season 7 because its NOT ON NETFLIX YET!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I may be Dr. Who Geek, but I have never seen any of Season 7 because its NOT ON NETFLIX YET!!!

Oh that bites. It's on amazon, if you have Prime, at least the first part. Netflix is slow sometimes, I was catching up on Supernatual and they put Season 8 5 days ago. Had to have a few marathons to catch up before last night, lol.
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I may be a general geek, but I have never liked comic books.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Oh. This makes me sad for you.
    Signup for a free trial of Amazon Prime! you have 30 days to cancel. more than enough time to catch up! lol.
  • coolraul07
    Options
    Here's my 2nd one:
    I may be a huge comic book geek (started in 1983 and have collected thousands), but I have never been to a comic convention.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I may be a huge Zelda fan, but I have never played any of the Zelda games that came before Ocarina of Time. :frown:
  • coolraul07
    Options
    I'm a comic collector and I don't blame you. I recommend just enjoying the movies and IF you want to buy a comic book, buy a limited series that's directly tied to the movies, preferably on-sale in digital format (e.g. Comixology) for enhance features.

One thing that Marvel does is have multiple, numbered universes in their 'multiverse'. The 'mainstream' universe (most of their books) is '616', but the "Ultimate" universe, the Disney cartoons, and the Avengers-related universes are completely separate entities.

Even with the Marvel movies, the Avengers-related (Marvel still owns the rights) and other movie properties (Spiderman, X-Men/Wolverine, Fantastic Four, etc.) are also separate because Marvel sold those movie rights to other companies (Fox, etc). That's why you won't see any movie crossovers anytime in the near future.

Wikipedia does an excellent job of providing character backgrounds considering they are a 3rd-party site. I'm a collector and I still go there to fill-in some blanks.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I may be a HUGE Harry Potter geek, but I have never LARPed Quidditch, despite wanting to. :blushing:
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I may be a HUGE Harry Potter geek, but I have never LARPed Quidditch, despite wanting to. :blushing:

Why LARP when you can play on a real team! :wink:
    http://youtu.be/jew6EyNvBfI