Day One - How is everyone going?

Options
new2canada
new2canada Posts: 119 Member
I think the first few days (well for me personally) can be the hardest, it could be a good idea for us to all offer input on how we're going, any thoughts?

Replies

• resookdeo
    resookdeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find half of the things I eat on the calorie counter. So a lot of times I am guessing. I eat a lot of home made meals which don't exist on the system....
  • new2canada
    Options
    Can you not log each ingredient? It's a tedious process but worth it imo because then you can see how much your home made meals add up to. I think it's often underestimating calories that gets me into trouble sometimes.
  • resookdeo
    resookdeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for your suggestion. I can assure you it will be tedious!!! Looking forward to exercising away with Max Insanity this afternoon!!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find half of the things I eat on the calorie counter. So a lot of times I am guessing. I eat a lot of home made meals which don't exist on the system....

Either log each ingredient, or use the recipe builder (if you are making more than just what you eat). I've been doing this since March of 2012, so this stuff is easy for me, I have at least 500 recipes stored. If you need more help, let me know!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This really isn't my first day - just my first day joining the group! Been at this "dedicated" since end of August, at that point I had 8 to lose, now I'm down to 6 more. But I'm trying to lose "regain" so this time seems harder! Chugging away though!
  • ezconklin
    Options
    This morning I completed day 8 of my 30 Day Ab Challenge - I really love this group because it's around this point that I lose focus.
  • new2canada
    Options
    I felt like I did reasonably on day one, I could have done at least 10 more mins of exercising though.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I did well on day 1 - but I like to chunk it out into weekly goals.

So my goals for this first week of the challenge are:

1) track EVERYTHING (1/6)
    2) stay in the green (1/6)
    3) check in to FP for support every day (1/6)
    4) start you day with a tea, not a coffee (2/6)
    5) do something fun (swim, tennis, biking, an interesting podcast, practice piano) that reminds me how awesome life can be without snacking (2/6)
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's going well. Eating well and walking at least 1 hr a day. Just started a learn to run group which should help.
  • Savlights
    Savlights Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My excercising is going well... first day I did a circuit routine which kicked my butt... legs, butt and back super sore today, which feels great! Then almost an hour of Zumba tonight.

But sweets are my downfall... oreos yesterday and ice cream and brownies today :( I know i shouldn't, but in the moment i just can't seem to make myself care. Hopefully in another few days I won't have sweets in my house, which will help immensely. Then I can restock with healthier foods.
  • new2canada
    Options
    Yeah I find the evening the hardest time to not snack, I can go the whole day eating healthy but then I crave a greasy meal and dessert!

I'm not going to give in this time though and already I'm feeling better :)
  • sweetpea6218
    Options
    I'm doing great today. Getting ready to work out while my husband is at school and training for a 5k in about 5 weeks. I tend to lose my focus in the next couple of weeks, so I really hope that this group is the difference for me.
  • sweetpea6218
    Options
    The weekly goals are a good idea! I might have to give that a shot today.
  • ezconklin
    Options
    Ab Challenge complete for the day and i threw in some other body weight exercises too. Eating on plan.