New to group

Options
Hi I am a 58 year old female from California. I had WLS in June of 2011 and have lost 201 lbs with 10 more to go! I am living better at 58 than I did at 50! I am looking for friends my own age. Feel free to add me! Look forward to talking with you!

Replies

• padisneyfour
    Options
    welcome!
  • kareeser
    kareeser Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the group also, need to lose about 20 more pounds. Used to belong to Weight Watchers, couldn't afford to pay and not lose anymore. I need to get my motivation back to tackle the rest of my weight loss. So far I have done really good this week. Just need to keep it up!
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    Ruth
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    200 lbs., wow! I'd love to know what got you started and what you do today.

Many of the ladies here found each other through this group and added as friends. Just start clicking names and add everyone you see.

Welcome!
  • alice1128
    alice1128 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This group sounds just right for me. I'll be 58 in November and don't want to wait any longer to start doing things on my bucket list. I'm going to Whistler, B.C. in Feb 2014 to visit my sister and I want to try snowboarding. So I figured I need to be fitter than I am now so I don't hurt myself.

I'm having some amazing success after only 3 days here as well as joining a class at the gym called Fit Lab. Intense workouts 5 days a week. I've gone twice and taking today off. :wink:

I live just north of Seattle WA in Everett in the condo I bought 3 years ago. I work at a shipyard on Lake Union in Seattle. I have an amazing boyfriend who works at Boeing and helped me learn how to ride my motorcycle...Suzuki Savage. We've been together for 3 years.

I have 2 cats now but had 6 at one point when I lived up in Skagit County. Spent 13 years there in a 5th wheel. Looking back I don't know how I did it!

Anyway, there's a bit about me.

Alice
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Alice!
  • barbpol62
    barbpol62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be 51 in November. I have 2 children, a daughter who's 24 and graduated and a son who's 21 and still in college (2 more years - I can't wait). Dh and I pretty much have an empty nest, so we're trying to focus on ourselves more.

I've been dieting my whole life. I've done Atkins twice. Lost 35 pounds both times, but put it back on both times too. I've been trying to keep track of my eating and exercise and (hopefully) lose some pounds or at least not put any more weight on.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! So glad the surgery worked so well for you and you're still rockin' it!!!!

All kinds of great stories here.

I'm a 'youngin' here at 47, but was told I was 'close enough' :)

First time in my life that I'm being consistent with working out. Still struggle with food at times. Having a husband and kids not on board makes the temptations around the house hard, but I've been doing well.
  • nini2_5
    nini2_5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone it’s nice to everybody, I am Nini and I was born and raised in Southern California, in 2005 I moved to Florida. This past week I just joined T.O.P.S and MFP this past week, after 4 long years of not being able to exercise due to an sever accident and 4 surgeries later I am on a journey to lose the 90 lbs. I gained from just sitting still. I am looking for to getting to know each of you ladies.
    God Bless
    Nini aka
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new members of the group. I am still fairly new too so I hope you will add me as a friend so we can help each other.

I am 55 with two grown sons and two grandsons. Boys have to marry into the family so I am always looking for female companionship. It is tough being outnumbered all these years.

I have enjoyed getting to know everyone.
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is always nice to see new women in our group! I love reading about you all and getting to know more people. MFP has definitely been a motivator for me and I hope that it is for you, too. So many of us have the same stories...and we may never all get exactly to our goals, but we're getting closer together :love: It is a marathon, for sure.
  • suehoward7
    suehoward7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 59 and new to the group and need to loose 35 lb
  • nini2_5
    nini2_5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Group!!!
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    welcome!!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all!! I will go through and start adding people next week some time. I also have a facebook link if anyone is interested in being friends there. I don't have anything going on, just adding my friends from here.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am close to 53, and just joined this group recently. I live in the U.P. of Michigan and have a husband and three sons. I also have four birds and four guinea pigs. Always been an animal lover.

Hoping to finally be willing to do what I need to do to get rid of the 40 extra pounds I've been carrying around ever since I had my boys.

Lisa
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see this group! I knew there had to be women out there my age, but it seems like most of the people are much younger. I'm a 55 yr old retired widowed RN...please feel free to add me as a friend...you can read my profile for more details. I'm currently doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid program; I'm no longer concerned about my weight; I'm trying to build muscle. I'm a grandmother to 3 beautiful girls, 2 almost 2yr olds, and an almost 7 yr old. They bring much joy to my life. Looking forward to getting to know all of you in this group! :flowerforyou: