Let's hear your baby names

Options

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Boy name is Ernest Gerald and girl name is Lena Lucille. We love family names, and this go round I get to pick the name as my husband named both of our sons.

David Terry ( named after both of our fathers)
    Iver Roy (named after a great-uncle on his side, and we each had a grandpa named Roy)

Ernest Gerald is my paternal great-grandpa, and my maternal grandpa's names
    Lena Lucille is my paternal great-grandma, and Lucille is my maternal grandma's middle name, and his paternal grandma's first name.

We're naming after our grandparents as well. A boy will be Orin after my grandfather and a girl will be Charlotte after his grandmother.

The middle names are after where he proposed to me. We were backpacking on North Manitou island, which is in Leelanau County, MI. The ferry to get to the island leaves from Leland, MI.

So if a boy, his name will be Orin Leland.
    For a girl, I like Charlotte Leelanau, but Mark thinks that's too long and we that should call her Charlotte Leeloo, which I'll probably let him talk me into.
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm having a little girl, and her name is Juliette Marie! Marie is my and my mom's middle name.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Chances are strong that she'll be Lilah Ruth. We've also discussed Anna, Brielle, Eva, and Evelyn. Ruth will be her middle name period. We pick that first as we do middle names after family. So her first name is still subject to change but the kids have been calling her Lilah for a few months now so unless she comes out and we're both like "She is So NOT a Lilah" that will be her name. I haven't monogrammed anything. lol

If we'd had a boy he would've been Pierce William. We didn't even discuss other boy names. We picked out Pierce in our last pregnancy and just changed the middle name this go around - we alternate sides of the family, his, mine, his mine, and this time it was his so the name we picked out last name didn't work because it was from my side. lol Yeah we're complicated like that.

Our other children's names are:

Kayden Paul
    Colton Robert
    Sawyer Donovan
    Sierra Catherine

Our son Sawyer was born when that Lost show was popular and someone asked if we named him after the show. We've never seen a single episode of the show, I didn't even know there was a character on there named Sawyer until that question. lol If Sawyer had been a girl he would've been Savannah Catherine and if my older two had been girls they would've been Catherine Grace. If Katie didn't sound too similar to Kayden that's what we would've named this one. We both love it but just too similar and confusing we decided.

Lilah is my favorite girls' name ever. My husband hates it though! Liliana was the best compromise we could come up with. So jealous that you get to use it though!
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We're still picking through names. We're not going to find out what we're having, so we have to pick for both.

For a boy, the only name we have is Ian Arthur.

For a girl, we have Maiya Elizabeth or Zoey Mae.

We definitely need more names to pick through, but we've got time yet.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Great names everybody...love to see the variety.

I think we've finally settled on:
    Seth for a boy
    Autumn for a girl (Mom doesn't like it, but I think it's so pretty)

The middle name will probably his father or my grandma David and Rena

I like Autumn. Before I got married, all of my favorite girl names were nature-related; Daisy and Rose were my favorites. Since we've chosen to give all of our children Gaelic names, we picked the Irish version of Rose for this baby. Her name will be Roisin Marie (pronounced "Ro-sheen"). I also like it because our current youngest daughter is named Aisling ("Ash-ling"), which is a type of poetry, and Roisin Dubh is the name of a famous poem of that type.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We are still thinking about names. For a boy, We have thought about Alexander Jonathan and for a girl, it was Shoshanna Abigail, but my hubby isn't liking the girl's name or any other that I like... I also like Persephone and Penelope. Still a process bc I'm not caring about the boy name either, lol.
  • roxyj0mar
    roxyj0mar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We are having a girl & still undecided. There are only a few that we both have agreed were maybes. I love Jillian, but right now my husband's fav is Alexis. It's ok to me, but don't have the same feeling as I do for Jillian, but it may be an alright compromise.
  • samarieL
    samarieL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's funny that people mention linking Sawyer to the show Lost....I never even thought of that (well....I don't watch Lost so I guess that would also be a reason). When I hear the name Sawyer, I think of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, lol!

When Sawyer was a newborn my SIL came to visit and she started calling him Tom. I nearly flew off the handle. Thankfully DH told her to stop because I couldn't have done so in a nice manner. I was a bit hormonal and if I wanted my kid called Tom I would've named him Tom. We found the name in a baby book and it just rang right for him. I can't imagine calling him anything else at this point.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    We only have middle names picked out. If it's a boy, Kenneth. My husband's middle name is Kenneth, and both of our grandfathers are Kenneth. For a girl, Colleen. My grandmother, who died my senior of high school, was named Colleen and I've always wanted to use that name. Only, it's pronounced "Cul-leen", not "Col-leen" - just because my grandma pronounced hers that way :happy:

We both like the name Logan for a boy, but still are undecided.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It's funny that people mention linking Sawyer to the show Lost....I never even thought of that (well....I don't watch Lost so I guess that would also be a reason). When I hear the name Sawyer, I think of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, lol!

When Sawyer was a newborn my SIL came to visit and she started calling him Tom. I nearly flew off the handle. Thankfully DH told her to stop because I couldn't have done so in a nice manner. I was a bit hormonal and if I wanted my kid called Tom I would've named him Tom. We found the name in a baby book and it just rang right for him. I can't imagine calling him anything else at this point.

Well my little girl is going to be named Sawyer as well...love the name and have never once linked it to the show Lost, lol!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We're keeping the gender a surprise but the name will be

Wesley "Wes" Thomas (or) Rosalie "Rosie" Elise

... I have a lot of haters on Rosalie.. guess I won't have to worry about anyone stealing it!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Middle names are from my family line...it was a condition of marriage! So Patrick (after my dad who passed away nearly 7 yrs ago) or Marie (every first born daughter's middle name for several generations).

Elliott Patrick

Eleanor Marie

are the current frontrunners. I also like Luke & Evelyn but so many of my friends have a Luke and I don't like Eve for short. We'll see. We still have plenty of time to change our minds.

Being a school teacher I find it hard to find names that don't remind me of students that have aggravated me! Another requirement is non-trendy and traditional spelling. One of my favorite students apologized for the spelling of his name, saying "the only possible explanation is my mom was on crack!"
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    We're keeping the gender a surprise but the name will be

Wesley "Wes" Thomas (or) Rosalie "Rosie" Elise

... I have a lot of haters on Rosalie.. guess I won't have to worry about anyone stealing it!

I love Rosalie. One of my favorite characters in a book was Rosie Dunn!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Middle names are from my family line...it was a condition of marriage! So Patrick (after my dad who passed away nearly 7 yrs ago) or Marie (every first born daughter's middle name for several generations).

Elliott Patrick

Eleanor Marie

are the current frontrunners. I also like Luke & Evelyn but so many of my friends have a Luke and I don't like Eve for short. We'll see. We still have plenty of time to change our minds.

Being a school teacher I find it hard to find names that don't remind me of students that have aggravated me! Another requirement is non-trendy and traditional spelling. One of my favorite students apologized for the spelling of his name, saying "the only possible explanation is my mom was on crack!"

My oldest is an Elliott, with that spelling. I've noticed that most people want to spell it Elliot, FYI, which apparently is slightly more common.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I believe we are having Madeline Noelle in December.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    For a girl we are thinking Melike Rose, and for a boy, Oliver Cem (pronounced Jem). I had been calling the baby Nuri for 2-3 months, but every Turkish person says it's too old fashioned and not a nice name at all :( I'm not sold on Cem, but can't find an alternate Turkish boy name I like more. I'm so convinced it's a boy, and of course it's boys names we've been struggling with for ages! I'm due tomorrow, so not much longer to wait.
  • kmode131
    kmode131 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boy name is Ernest Gerald and girl name is Lena Lucille. We love family names, and this go round I get to pick the name as my husband named both of our sons.

David Terry ( named after both of our fathers)
    Iver Roy (named after a great-uncle on his side, and we each had a grandpa named Roy)

Ernest Gerald is my paternal great-grandpa, and my maternal grandpa's names
    Lena Lucille is my paternal great-grandma, and Lucille is my maternal grandma's middle name, and his paternal grandma's first name.

We're naming after our grandparents as well. A boy will be Orin after my grandfather and a girl will be Charlotte after his grandmother.

The middle names are after where he proposed to me. We were backpacking on North Manitou island, which is in Leelanau County, MI. The ferry to get to the island leaves from Leland, MI.

So if a boy, his name will be Orin Leland.
    For a girl, I like Charlotte Leelanau, but Mark thinks that's too long and we that should call her Charlotte Leeloo, which I'll probably let him talk me into.

I loved seeing this post! I grew up in Leelanau County, but live in CA now. I miss it everyday! I live the Leland as a middle name :)
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We are having a boy and I so badly wanted either Gabriel or Tristan and my DH is not having either one... I made him promise though if we have a second boy, he will have Tristan.. whether first or middle, lol.

We are trying to agree whether or not to name our baby boy Jude Alexander or Alexander Jude... we also like Luke and Zane :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh what i thought was a girl is a boy...and I think we are going with Seth
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If we were having a boy he would have been Fox James Cody but since she's a girl she'll be Olive Julie Monique. We've also had some people tell us how strange Olive and Fox are for names but that's too bad. No one will care about names once they see a cute little baby, I'm sure.

We aren't finding out the gender but the name we have picked if it's a girl is Olive Jean! Great minds think alike! ha ha

I love the name Fox, we originally wanted Jude Fox for a boy, since our last name starts with K so his initials would be JFK (my husband's idol) and Jack Kerouac is my idol so it would still work with JK. But we've since changed our minds and now are leaning towards Bennett Riker (as in Star Trek's Captain Riker ha ha)