September 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 lb in the last two days bringing me to 7.6 lbs for the week. I'm hoping that I can continue losing as well this coming week.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Danwold WAY TO GO , i feel just like you , wishing those few pounds away that are keeping me above 300, after just getting back from a weekend away, I dont want to stand on the scale, not that I was horrible, but its just hard to eat your normal things when your away, GRRR, but with plenty of time till the end of the month, I was so happy to see my old friends ( steak eggs ect) , so everyone is hanging in there I see, exploring reasons for stalls is important, what causes one person to not lose may not another, but those Darn Sneaky carbs hide in so many places now, and knowing what items drag us down is important, I always say, why spend the time and effort doing this if its not getting your where you want to go, if you stall find out why, and try to not spend a month of 2 weeks on a platue, and of course we can always use the fat fast if we need to to bust off a stall, time will tell if I need to use it before this month is over, I sure needed it last month,, hang in there everyone, more soon
    Tim
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    of course we can always use the fat fast if we need to to bust off a stall, time will tell if I need to use it before this month is over, I sure needed it last month,, hang in there everyone, more soon
    Tim

Tim, I am curious how often you use the Fat Fast. Is it really as often as once a month for a few days?

Just curious!

Thanks,
    Christine
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how your macros should be set up if your following atkins...want to make sure I am getting the proper fat? Thanks

This may help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1064042-fitness-goals-stats
  • timwhoa
    Options
    sometimes I do use it once a month, it all depends on what the scale is doing, I simply refuse to sit on a platue of stall for more than 2 weeks, too much effort is spent on doing atkins induction to just sit at one weight for any longer, I have places to go and I know the fat fast will make the scale move if needed, but one word of caution, I never use the fat fast to speed things up, and I never use it willy nilly or in hast, fat fasting is hard, you think about food constantly and by the end of day 4 you feel very drained, but it DOES WORK!! extremely well in fact, so if your on a stall/platue you may consider doing it, I also want to point out, that not losing wieght for 3 days does not constitute a good reason to go on the fat fast,, lol, Atkins himself said to only use it if all other methods did not result in a weight lose, typically for me having a day OFF and eating carbs , then going back on induction will result in the scale moving down again, so thats a win win,,
    Also, try to not stand on the scale every day people, that obbsession with the scale needs to end, use it once a week at most, sometimes I go a full 2 weeks before weighing, thats why you dont see my weight lose numbers change often, but when I do change them its usually a big number, because I waited to weigh myself, and those big numbers are VERY FUN to see!!!, and really motivate you to go on another 2 week run!!
    so hang in there everyone, and great to see you all trying hard
  • christineellis
    Options
    sometimes I do use it once a month, it all depends on what the scale is doing, I simply refuse to sit on a platue of stall for more than 2 weeks, too much effort is spent on doing atkins induction to just sit at one weight for any longer,

Tim, Thanks for the insight! I had a run of almost 4 weeks of bouncing around the same weight with an upward trend at the end - my own fault because I was so frustrated :grumble: , so this plateau buster has really motivated me to keep going. Great tool! I also realized that the 1000 calorie restriction was very hard for me. I ended up with around 1100 or 1200 a day instead. I wish our tickers had dates as well as the weight on them, so we could see how long it took to reach our current weight.

How long have you been doing Atkins?

This time around, I have been working to lose weight since June 14th, so 3 months. I only started Atkins about 6 weeks ago - started with Dukan diet and kept reading about many others until I stumbled on to Atkins. Carbs have always been my downfall, so this is the place for me! Thinking about reading Primal Blueprint as well, to get a look at his overall wellness plan.

I have been using the ketone test strips for a couple of weeks and was amazed at how DARK they got by the end of my Fat Fast. Wow, burning some fat this week. :love:
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    sometimes I do use it once a month, it all depends on what the scale is doing, I simply refuse to sit on a platue of stall for more than 2 weeks, too much effort is spent on doing atkins induction to just sit at one weight for any longer, I have places to go and I know the fat fast will make the scale move if needed, but one word of caution, I never use the fat fast to speed things up, and I never use it willy nilly or in hast, fat fasting is hard, you think about food constantly and by the end of day 4 you feel very drained, but it DOES WORK!! extremely well in fact, so if your on a stall/platue you may consider doing it, I also want to point out, that not losing wieght for 3 days does not constitute a good reason to go on the fat fast,, lol, Atkins himself said to only use it if all other methods did not result in a weight lose, typically for me having a day OFF and eating carbs , then going back on induction will result in the scale moving down again, so thats a win win,,
    Also, try to not stand on the scale every day people, that obbsession with the scale needs to end, use it once a week at most, sometimes I go a full 2 weeks before weighing, thats why you dont see my weight lose numbers change often, but when I do change them its usually a big number, because I waited to weigh myself, and those big numbers are VERY FUN to see!!!, and really motivate you to go on another 2 week run!!
    so hang in there everyone, and great to see you all trying hard

Do you exercise during the fast?
  • timwhoa
    Options
    answers to questions,
    1. do I exercise during the fat fast,,, answer,, No,
    2 how long have I been doing atkins, , answer, I looked in my diabeties log book and I have been going at it this time since Feb of this year, so longer than I had thought, i have been staying in induction this whole time, with only a treat meal or carb up meal here and there, ( maybe once every 2 weeks),
  • timwhoa
    Options
    YUP you can turn those KEtO strips into almost BLACK AS NIGHT!!! when doing the fat fast, talk about fat burning ability, that fat fast is an amazing tool , be sure to not do it for more than 3-5 days, and eat plenty of protein when you come out of it
  • christineellis
    Options
    YUP you can turn those KEtO strips into almost BLACK AS NIGHT!!! when doing the fat fast, talk about fat burning ability, that fat fast is an amazing tool , be sure to not do it for more than 3-5 days, and eat plenty of protein when you come out of it

Five days was more than enough to get me moving again! Been working on protein and some exercise since I finished. My favorite dinner lately has been elk roast with blue cheese, garlic and butter!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    My wife has been asking for POT ROAST lately, I cant wait to make a huge pot of roast, they can have the potatoes and carrots, I will enjoy a huge plate of pot roast with seasonings!! that Elk sounded good!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Clothes feel smaller, but scale seems to be stuck again,, GRR, out comes the FAT FAST!!,, just has to be done, its been 2 weeks since I have fast fasted
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Starting a 4 day Fat Fast today
  • christineellis
    Options
    My wife has been asking for POT ROAST lately, I cant wait to make a huge pot of roast, they can have the potatoes and carrots, I will enjoy a huge plate of pot roast with seasonings!! that Elk sounded good!

My husband still rolls his eyes when I won't eat carrots - but all I see when I look at them is SUGAR!!!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Lost 3 pounds yesterday on my 1st day of Fat Fasting, Day 2 now, feeling alright, just trying to find things to pass the time and keep me busy, drinking allot of fluids to flush out the rapid ketones ill check in tommorow and post day 2 weight lost
  • christineellis
    Options
    Lost 3 pounds yesterday on my 1st day of Fat Fasting, Day 2 now, feeling alright, just trying to find things to pass the time and keep me busy, drinking allot of fluids to flush out the rapid ketones ill check in tommorow and post day 2 weight lost
    Congrats!!!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Day 2 of the ATkins fat fast completed, I dropped another 3 pounds, now down 6 pounds in 2 days, feeling better this time after 2 days, I am still feeling well, last time after 4 days i was feeling kinda light headed and spacey, I think mixing up the menu a little is helping with that, and I have my fat fast calories around 1400, maybe thats helping me feel better this time around
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you fall off the wagon and have a high carb day? :/ (I'm not sure how high it was, some cereal and animal crackers :/)
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    Go back to induction and tough out the first 3 days
  • timwhoa
    Options
    carb up days happen, I feel they are only natural for us, personally I have learned to embrace them, plan on them make it something you chose to make happen, that way your on control of not only that meal or day of carbs, but your mind is happy with your choice because it wasnt something bad,, you didnt fall of any wagon, you had carbs to maybe celebrate a success on the scale , atkins always said a carb day or meal was good for you from time to time, or to break stalls, afterwards, go right back to induction and keep moving forward one day or one meal is not going to break the long term cycle, I also find that getting back into ketosis after just one meal is pretty quick and doesnt carry those bad feelings when you switch back to ketones for fuel