1000's Challenge

Options
shae68143
shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
I stole this from a friend on my MFP FL; tossing it out here

Okay...you're all gonna freak when you see this challenge. Don't pre-judge!! You can do it!! You don't need to buy a thing to get in shape. All you need is gravity. Your body will do the rest. This workout is a body weight workout geared towards the non-beginner, but if you are a beginner it is easy to modify.

Think 100 is too many? Start with 20 or 10 each. Just start!! Do what you can and report the numbers each day.

Its called the "1000 times workout" 100 Jumping Jacks 100 Mountain Climbers 100 crunches 100 high knees 100 butt kickers 100 calf raises 100 lunges 100 squats 100 flutter kicks 100 knee Push-ups

Anyone else up for this? I started mine today. I say we run it through the end of the week, or even thru the end of next week? You don't have to post your #'s every day if you don't want to - just thought I'd throw it out there as a simple way to get in a great mini workout for those on the go (or while at work and you need a break - takes only 10-15 minutes if you do them in succession w/o a long break in between).

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a cool idea. I'm going on a conference for the next 6 days... so that may give me SOMETHING to do to stay active while I am away. I bet my hotel has a gym too so I'm bringing my HRM, running shoes, and jump rope. Those are my FAV go-to travel buddies
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Great challenge - I'll do the best I can :) I was just thinking I need some sort of challenge because my routine is getting boring.
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    okay awesome challenge, it sounds scary too cant see me doing 100 of some of those things but I am going to give it a try tonight after work. Thanks for the challange.:flowerforyou:
  • erikalynne87
    erikalynne87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I gave this a try last night, only managed to do 20 of each. I was exhausted and super sweaty though so I was proud of myself. But one quick question, I had to Google what flutter kicks were and on one website it said that 4 lil kicks are considered 1 count/1 rep. How is everyone else counting those?
  • dconaghan
    dconaghan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this challenge will for sure kick my butt, but I'll give it a go and see what happens. I know I won't be starting out with 100 of these but it's certainly a number to shoot for down the road.